fernkorn

NeoSD MVS powering on / boot problems

11 May 2019, 16:18

Hi!

I recently bought a NeoSD MVS Cartridge for my consolized MV-1FZ board running UniBios 4.0.
The problem is after powering on the system I pretty often get a screen full of colorful (sometimes the colors are changing after powering down and up again) squares and the whole system crashes. So far so bad.

Here are some pictures of the screen: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0W6HhSJ ... kikWTbFZBg

Anyhow. After doing this for 3-5 times - sometimes up to 10 times (power up, power down) the cart will eventually boot up and everything works like it should until the next time I want to use the cartridge -> back to the start. As I said before, I can't tell how often I have to power it up and down until it will boot up. (Smth. between 3-10 times). Every other original MVS cartridge I own works without any troubles on this system.

I just wanted to know if anyone could help me. I don't know but I think my cartridge is a litte bit faulty/broken. What can I do to reduce the problem? Or is this normal?

Thank you very much in advance!
Best regards.

fernkorn

Re: NeoSD MVS powering on / boot problems

11 May 2019, 19:42

I don't know if it is relevant, but I'm using this power supply: https://share.icloud.com/photos/0nPGcdP ... 8d429Jtn1w

Is there any psu recommended for use with NeoSD MVS. I have read on this board that the NeoSD drains more power than usual cartridges. Is that true?

fernkorn

12 May 2019, 09:08

Nevermind - I resolved the boot up issue. Now I just have to get the cartridge to stay stable when a game is flashed. I think it's my CMVS. I'll get it checked.

fernkorn

15 May 2019, 20:23

I was able to resolve the issues regarding my NeoSD MVS. All problems where caused by the PSU I was using. The Terraonion cartridge was totaly fine. I can only recommend everyone who wants to use this cartridge to look out for a stable, high quality PSU which delivers at least 3 amps on 5V DC. I was using one with 1 amp max at 5 V DC. Though the PSU was a high quaility one (no china crap), it was too weak. Anyhow - use a good quaility PSU with enough power for your mvs system. This can solve a lot of issues.

Todd
Admin

16 May 2019, 00:20

Glad to hear the new psu sorted out your issues. The bulk majority of support issues we receive emails on end up being power supply related.

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro MVS Tech Support”