Itsumimario

Can’t find the firmware download

02 May 2019, 23:51

I just got my SSDS3 from Stone Age Gamer, registered my serial number, went to the download page, and all I see are two downloads available: the US instruction manual and the Japanese instruction manual. I know I’m missing something obvious. Where is the firmware download?

Todd
Admin

Re: Can’t find the firmware download

03 May 2019, 01:09

Your SSDS3 shipped with the latest firmware, so a firmware download won’t show up.

Itsumimario

03 May 2019, 05:19

Todd wrote:
Your SSDS3 shipped with the latest firmware, so a firmware download won’t show up.
Ah! Knew it would be something obvious.

The reason I thought I needed to update my firmware was because no games were populating in the SSDS3 UI’s list. This is with a fat32 formatted MicroSD card (Sandisk 256gb). I reformatted it to exfat, still didn’t work. I did my formatting using the EaseUS partition manager that I use for all my other large-sized MicroSD cards I use for all my other flashcarts. So I thought I must need to update the firmware or something.

But I popped in a fat32 formatted 32gb Samsung EVO card just now, and all the games appear fine.

Is there anything special required for using a 256gb MicroSD card with the SSDS3?

Todd
Admin

03 May 2019, 17:31

Itsumimario wrote:
03 May 2019, 05:19
Todd wrote:
Ah! Knew it would be something obvious.

The reason I thought I needed to update my firmware was because no games were populating in the SSDS3 UI’s list. This is with a fat32 formatted MicroSD card (Sandisk 256gb). I reformatted it to exfat, still didn’t work. I did my formatting using the EaseUS partition manager that I use for all my other large-sized MicroSD cards I use for all my other flashcarts. So I thought I must need to update the firmware or something.

But I popped in a fat32 formatted 32gb Samsung EVO card just now, and all the games appear fine.

Is there anything special required for using a 256gb MicroSD card with the SSDS3?

hmmmm. 256gb cards are supported. It could be whatever software you are using that is causing the issue or maybe a bad sd card.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Tech Support”