jjennings089

Sound No Video

01 May 2019, 22:27

PCEngine model: Supergrafx switch tried in both positions

Power Supply: retro game cave SSDS3 version.

Video cable: RGB Scart retro gaming cables .co.uk versions which supports SSDS3

SD card brand: Stone Age gamer sent me the card...

Region modded?: No mods

SSDS3 revision 1, 2 or B?: B

In Game Trigger enabled in the Options menu? off

Any other details specific to your setup: system is Scart to gscartsw to Framemiester or OSSC... Both have no video.

Problem or Issue: No video

Todd
Admin

Re: Sound No Video

02 May 2019, 04:12

What happens if you run the scart straight to the OSSC and skip the scart switch?

jjennings089

06 May 2019, 04:38

So I reset the OSSC and I get good video and sound from both. But what is the issue with Version 2 B and Framemeister. I have read in some posts that adjusting some setting fixes it...?

Mobiusstriptech

06 May 2019, 05:17

The Framemeister has always had issues with the PC Engine consoles. So many people are new to these consoles because of this device that it just seems like it's this device. The trouble comes from the serrated sync pulse the systems use. In fact one pulse is just completely missing. The way most people fix it is by turning up the sync level in the Framemeister. That tends to correct any drop out issues.

jjennings089

08 May 2019, 05:27

Thank you for the info @Mobiusstriptech. Yes, I believe it was another post of yours I read about adjusting the sync level. And yes I'm completely new to the NEC systems. I always wanted one as a kid and the SSDS3 is what made me pull the trigger and get one. Now that everything is confirmed working I just need a to recap the system. So far I've enjoyed it a lot and look forward to Bonk, Castlevania, and Y's adventures. Thank you again!

Return to “Super SD System 3 Tech Support”