tengugurl

Neo sd pro (AES) stopped working. Won't upgrade. Screen is on an endless loop

15 May 2020, 04:56

Hi!
Need some help
My game system is on an endless loop of flickering
I tried to upgrade the firmware to 1.07 r08 and it keeps saying it's available then I hit a to update and then it goes back to the screen and says its available and it's on an endless loop. then it goes black and loops with a glitching screen

tengugurl

Re: Neo sd pro (AES) stopped working. Won't upgrade. Screen is on an endless loop

15 May 2020, 04:59

Oh and no, I didn't turn it off. I waited an hour for it to upgrade. Something has been off with this thing for a long time, I just decided to upgrade as I am very protective of my neo geo AES and blaaa didn't fix it
Last edited by tengugurl on 15 May 2020, 05:24, edited 1 time in total.

tengugurl

Re: Neo sd pro (AES) stopped working. Won't upgrade. Screen is on an endless loop

15 May 2020, 05:22

Also, using stock PSU, it's putting out the right voltage. Just put in an original awesome game and it thank goodness didn't break anything :'(

I can't wait to get some help because there is def a hardware issue with this cart.

Thank you so much for helping in advance, I love your products and your service/assistance on the neo geo forums in the past (my cmvs learning when I was a soldering noob 9 years ago) have been excellent ❤️

Todd
Admin

15 May 2020, 15:31

Can you upload a video for us to see what is happening?
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

tengugurl

17 May 2020, 06:15

I hope the video link works, let me know if it doesn't, I can retry.

Todd
Admin

19 May 2020, 17:36

Couple things:

I noticed it was booting straight to last game. Go into the options menu and change Boot Mode from Game to Menu. This will make the Pro boot straight to the menu every time the console is powered on (unless you don't want that). Or you can hold and press the Start button on your controller when you power on the console and it will go straight to the Menu.

As far as the controls go, I've not see that before and I don't believe the NeoSD Pro can directly cause that. However there are a couple things you can do. On your SD card delete the BUP file for the games. Some games like Garou will act bizarre if the BUP file is corrupted.

You mention using an original PSU. Is it a SNK branded original PSU? Do you have access to another PSU? I'm leaning towards a possible power supply related issue because I noticed you are using the kidney bean shaped SNK stick and that stick, unlike the original AES stick, requires 5 volts from the console to work. So it's possible that the console is simply over taxing the psu and starving the controller for voltage causing the erratic controller behavior.

Do you by chance have one of the larger, original AES Neo Geo sticks to test with?

The NeoSD Pro does consume quite a lot more power than original games for obvious reasons. However it was designed to work within the limits of a good working original PSU.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

tengugurl

20 May 2020, 03:07

Oh okay @BUP, this is a fresh as install but I will delete that if it's there. Also, I will go into the settings and make it not boot into the last game as you mentioned.

I was using a kidney bean controller but it has sanwa buttons and the stock neo geo cd controller PCB has been removed as I didn't want to solder directly to the PCB. So that might not be an issue as it's just straight db15 to buttons.

I do have a different PSU to use. Its brand new (bought it from eBay and I use it on my other AES 3-6).

Let me give that a try and see if that fixes it.

tengugurl

Re: Neo sd pro (AES) stopped working. Won't upgr isade. Screen is on an endless loop

20 May 2020, 04:53

OMG that was the trick ❤️
http://imgur.com/gallery/81dpbJz

Glad I have a back up AES hehe just used the new generic PSU I bought off eBay and bammmmm!
No more glitching/issues upgrading or bugs.

You are a genius!!

Thanks so much.
Now to play some neo geo, so glad I bought this, you really made a lovely product and thanks for the support.

Todd
Admin

21 May 2020, 15:22

Glad to hear that sorted it out.

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro Discussion”