Rioitz

Completely blank screen

22 Mar 2020, 17:01

Hi,

I am using the Mega SD on my Mega SG, however no matter how many times I have tried it, it will not boot up in any way shape or form, only a blank screen. I have tried researching reasons as to why this might be happening, and sadly I have not got very far. I have placed the only file from the downloads section avaliable to me (the update) on the SD card in hopes that it might trigger something, but still nothing.

If anyone could give me an "idiots guide" as to what I might be doing wrong that would be great, or if anyone has any other advice that would be helpful!

Thank you in advance!

Todd
Admin

Re: Completely blank screen

23 Mar 2020, 02:52

Do you have a regular Genesis or Mega Drive available to test the cart on?

Rioitz

30 Mar 2020, 15:02

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have just managed to test it on a friend's Mega Drive, and it booted up with no problems at all. I have updated it to it's latest firmware. Which leads me to think it is an issue with the Mega SG?

Gummy Bear

30 Mar 2020, 23:01

It usually is.

Todd
Admin

30 Mar 2020, 23:37

Have you updated the firmware on your Mega Sg? Earlier firmware on it cause issues with the MegaSD.

I would also go into the Mega Sg options and reset it back to defaults and then follow the MegaSD manual on the couple of options on the Sg that you need to configure for correct cd audio.

Also, on the MegaSD, make sure Reset Type is set to HARD in the options.

Rioitz

01 Apr 2020, 07:04

I haven't updated the software on the SG since I got it, so I will give that a shot as soon as I am finished with work later today and apply all the other options you mentioned! Thank you!

Rioitz

01 Apr 2020, 20:46

Ok I have updated the system adjusted the options on the Mega SG, however when I boot it up it will still only show a red light on the SG if the cart is inserted before powering on. It also flashes red (from its usual white) when I insert the cart after powering on.

I did notice, only once did the green light on the Mega SD come on while it is inserted into the Mega SG. Could this be a connection problem some how? The cart feels a bit strained when I fit it into the console (Not sure if this is normal?) so I wonder if maybe somehow I am not hitting all the pins?

Any advice would be great please!

Todd
Admin

02 Apr 2020, 21:23

wait, you are inserting the MegaSD after powering on the Sg?

That's a terrible idea and you may have damaged something in either their console or our cart.

Rioitz

02 Apr 2020, 22:29

I only did it once as a test to see if it was the machine rejecting the cart (as it boots up perfectly fine with any other normal Megadrive game cartridge) I then immediately tested the Mega SD cart on the original Megadrive to see if anything had gone wrong with the cart, and as suspected it booted up as it should do. I then tested the Mega SG with a regular Megadrive Cart, and as per usual it booted with no issues at all.

I am really struggling to see what the possible issue could be.

Return to “MegaSD Tech Support”