trenton_net

Super Daisenryaku: Saving doesn't work?

19 Mar 2020, 01:33

Hey Everyone,

So I was playing the game Super Daisenryaku (English patched), and I noted that every time I try to save my progress it says "All back up ram data will be erased, continue?" and then when I do it promptly says "Failed to save data". I have my Super SD System 3 set to use separate save files. Is this game trying to save in a method that the Super SD System 3 doesn't emulate? Or is this perhaps a legitimate bug? Maybe it's looking for some external hardware like a Tennokoe Bank card or something?

EDIT: I should add that at the BIOS screen I did push "Select" and choose to format my memory completely first, just to see if it makes any difference. Still doesn't work <Shrugs>

trenton_net

Re: Super Daisenryaku: Saving doesn't work?

19 Mar 2020, 01:59

So I've had a look at the manual for the game and it seems to talk about saving data to the IFU-30's memory, and that if you plan to not use it for more than 2 weeks, you should turn the system on to recharge the capacitors/battery or something. I assume the Super SD System 3 can emulate IFU-30 memory just fine?

As an aside note, I did try running another game that uses saving (Sorcerian) and it seems to work just fine. I might try running a clean dump of the game just to see if the translation patch is causing any issues. But I somewhat doubt it would.

trenton_net

Re: Super Daisenryaku: Saving doesn't work?

19 Mar 2020, 03:54

After much playing around, I've determined that indeed it appears that the English patch somehow effects the loading and saving of games on the Super SD System 3. Maybe because the game gets patched, the Super SD System 3 can't recognize it's a game that is capable of saving? The only thing left to do is try to see if this happens in an emulator! I suppose this could be mitigated if the Super SD supported Save States, but I doubt that will happen any time soon.

If anyone else has any ideas, I'd be happy to try it out!

Return to “Super SD System 3 General Discussion”