fredjss

Inaccurate parts of Neo SD Pro AES pcb case

12 Jan 2020, 16:11

Hello,

I received my Neo SD Pro, but was disappointed that it didn't work. I figured my Neo Geo AES was defective and was already in contact to send to another state for repair.

I decided to test with other AES cartridges (Art Of Fighting 2 and Fatal Fury Special) that I got from a colleague. To my good surprise, it worked smoothly and the console was fine. But then the problem was in Neo SD Pro and I thought there might be a problem returning and resolving the case.

For two days I did my best to try and get it. I cleaned the cartridge contacts and patiently checked the position of the cartridge in the console slot. In a very specific position and "almost undocking" the Neo Geo slot, I could see the Neo SD Pro menu and realized that if I kept trying, it might work. I did it. I accessed the menu and games that were on the sd card and also updated the firmware.

But I knew it shouldn't work like that. I risked opening the cartridge and realized initially that the cards are connected by connectors and these were badly seated. I snapped them tight and tested only the cards on the console. It worked normal, with a deeper fit into the console. I reassembled the cartridge. Malfunction again.

I decided to remove the plastic part of the base and found that it was causing the cartridge to malfunction as it somehow forced the cards and did not allow good contact between the card tracks and the console slot pins.

My cartridge is out of it now, so it can work properly

A product that has been on the market for a long time and is so expensive, can no longer have parts of the case without precision, with such incorrect measurements. Terraonion needs to reduce costs and improve cases for Neo SD Pro AES cartridges.

BronNeo

Re: Inaccurate parts of Neo SD Pro AES pcb case

14 Jan 2020, 00:25

Hi,
I had your same exact issue, and some other people had it too, the solution was discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1334&start=20#p7067

I'm not taking credit for it, just reporting what user Utgardaloki76 found, hope it helps!

longlong27

14 Jan 2020, 07:05

Hi I had the same issue also, was looking to take legal action with the company if they do not get this resolved.

fredjss

14 Jan 2020, 13:30

BronNeo wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 00:25
Hi,
I had your same exact issue, and some other people had it too, the solution was discussed here:

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1334&start=20#p7067

I'm not taking credit for it, just reporting what user Utgardaloki76 found, hope it helps!
Hello BronNeo,

Thanks for the tip. Help me a lot...

Regards.

fredjss

14 Jan 2020, 13:34

longlong27 wrote:
14 Jan 2020, 07:05
Hi I had the same issue also, was looking to take legal action with the company if they do not get this resolved.
Hi longlong27,

If there are good possibilities for you, it is valid.
For me that I am far away, it does not pay, because I will spend more than simply increasing the space for the boards ... ;)

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro General Discussion”