TWINKYTWONKA

Re: Super SD System 3 Audio Buzzing FIX TUTORIAL

12 Jan 2019, 11:28

Thanks for the info. Im good with the video as i play on a crt and its perfect. It's really just the audio that bothers me and makes the item unusable imho.

If this is a characteristic as you say then they should state this on the product page as pay £250 for an item that doesn't even work properly and needs more money to fix the problems it has is something that should not happen with a product from a reputable company. The noise listening to it on the tv is bad enough but on headphones it is like listening to a scratched record recorded onto an old audio cassette and played back through a £1 set of headphones.

I'm going to give them the opportunity to fix it this but i may end up pushing for a full refund depending on the outcome.

SavagePencil

13 Jan 2019, 04:01

Don’t mean to burst any bubbles but the audio and video fixes were done by the community and currently are the only options for mitigating these issues. I think you’re UK-based; if so, videogameperfection is offering the FBX audio boards.

Mobiusstriptech

13 Jan 2019, 04:25

Just FYI. There are no returns. The return policy has to be agreed to before you can place an order for the device.

TWINKYTWONKA

16 Jan 2019, 18:01

I spoke to fbx on you tube about the audio board. I've no problem with fitting a board but as everyone who bought a defective ssd3 needs one they are currently out of stock. I spent £25 on a new cable but that made no real difference so the amount this thing is costing is certainly mounting up. Never again will i deal with this cowboy outfit.

is this capacitor fitted correctly to my my board: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Np3qojEj3ZQFQM7M6

Todd
Admin

16 Jan 2019, 19:06

All the currently shipping boards have the cap fix correctly installed.

Do you have some video of the Sd card access noise? While it’s still there, I wouldn’t call it screeching loud.

TWINKYTWONKA

18 Jan 2019, 16:56

Hi Todd,
it sounds exactly like this video by FBX without the capacitor fix.

Return to “Super SD System 3 Tech Support”