245Trioxin

Very long load times?

27 Nov 2019, 23:33

Hello all,

I recently received my Mega SD and set everything up via online tutorials. I have no issues with loading the Sega CD games; just a few seconds and the library comes up. When I tried to load my Genesis ROMs that are in a separate folder, it would take well over 3 minutes for the list of games to show up. I tried making separate alphabetic subfolders to try and improve the load times, but I still have to wait for at least a minute for each folder to load ("reading SD card" screen"). I'm using a model 1 Genesis and Samsung 256GB MicroSD card.

Steven

Re: Very long load times?

28 Nov 2019, 12:53

Do you have the entire library for all 3 regions along with thumbnails for each on your SD card?

I have about 60 or so games in my Genesis/Mega Drive folder with thumbnails. It used to load more or less instantly, but since I added the thumbnails, it takes about half a second to load.

Try a different SD card or something with only like 1 game on it or something to see what happens.

Mr_Boo_Berry

Re: Very long load times?

06 Dec 2019, 11:00

It's generally not recommended to use Samsung SD cards (especially EVO cards) with the MegaSD, because they're known to have issues with "stutters" every 10 or so minutes, likely due to some sort of TRIM feature on the SD cards, not sure.

SanDisk or Transcend SD cards are what's recommended.

Return to “MegaSD Tech Support”