Todd
Admin

MegaSD CartDBManagerMD Screenshot tool now open source!

25 Oct 2019, 15:56

As promised, we have released the CartDBManagerMD for MegaSD as open source. This tool allows you to add screenshots to the little TV in the MegaSD interface and add Year/genre info as well.

Find it at our github: https://github.com/Terraonion-dev/GameDBManagerMD

More open source code to be released in the future!

Riz

Re: MegaSD CartDBManagerMD Screenshot tool now open source!

30 Oct 2019, 18:03

Hugo on the discord channel provided a set of png’s for those not looking to put in the time to do the images.

Aschram

31 Oct 2019, 08:53

Hey Riz, i'm on the terraonion discord but i don't find

EDIT: Ok find :)

Metro City

10 Nov 2019, 18:57

Why in spite of having compiled the db managers, in some I don't see the photo or the genre doesn't appear?
it's possible modify game.dbs? thk

Awesome

13 Nov 2019, 23:19

Hi,

So I ripped my copy of Amazing Spider-Man vs the Kingpin for Sega CD! I left two versions one with custom sound the other one that uses the original tunes. I downloaded a pre-compiled tile and picture set along side the manager executable. I used the stock screenshot that came with the pre-made cart manager for the normal US version of SpideyvKingpin. I created a another separate screenshot using the same version of the game but with custom sounds installed in a different folder in a parallel directory. In order for the pic to display I made certain it's 64x40 with a 16 bit color palette! I added the title, date, and genre in the DB manager but the program refused to generate me a new TileCache for this game. What am I missing?

In layman's terms my question is, would it be possible to generate a new tile for pre-existing versions of these games say, Sonic CD if I decided to make a separate folder for that will it also allow me to apply a new tile? If this isn't possible for the same version is there a way to trick the system into thinking it's a different version to apply different screenshots and tiles?
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

yoshi41

15 Nov 2019, 15:10

I wrote a Perl script to automatically generate a db.xml database for No-Intro ROMs with corresponding No-Intro screenshots.

The result is a database with about 2000 tiles, one for in-game and one for title screenshots. No manual work at all. 8-)

It contains tiles for MS, MD and a few GG games. No SCD games and information about year and genre. Please check the readme for instructions and details.

Have fun with Terraonion TV. :D

PS: I had a couple of issues with CartDBManagerMD. Scanning Roms in a directory with more than 1000 crashes the program. And scanning the root directory does not generate all required games.dbs files. I ended up scanning each individual ROM subdirectory separately. It's also mentioned in the readme.

Todd
Admin

15 Nov 2019, 15:20

Awesome!

Thanks for the contribution!

neodev

15 Nov 2019, 15:38

The game.db only has enough space for 1024 CRCs, that is also the file count limit in megasd menu, so scanning a folder with over 1024 roms will crash gamedbmanager due to out of range indices.

yoshi41

16 Nov 2019, 16:28

Trying to add cue files to my script, but I struggle with the CRC generation. If I understand the readme correctly, the first 56 chars of the upper case cue file name are used.

print sprintf("%x\n",crc32("3 NINJAS KICK BACK (USA).CUE"));

My code gives a CRC of "872B8010", but the GameDbManagerMD.exe generates "75A06E60" for this cue file.

What I'm doing wrong? :?

Thanks

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”