AndiBcool

Re: NEOSD Pro problems

19 Jan 2020, 06:09

Hmm dont know, if i buy a new item for a lot money, i expect a flawless items without scratches or used shape.

Even if it is only cosmetic and nothing to serous, its still something to bother about. It could mean less money if you decide to sell this item to someone.
Its also normal that those items usually sold for less money from vendors.

I dont know why this guy Amiga is waiting so long. The cart does not work properly and has cosmetic issues he does not like.
If normal game carts play well on his AES, the issue must be the Pro.

He should send this item back for a full refund or replacement and thats it.

Actually i would wonder how he will get iport tax back ( if he wants a refund), avoids import tax for TO and tax for the replacement (if he wants one).

AMIGA

20 Jan 2020, 08:48

so the used power supply is brand new. also another power supply was tried weeks ago and the error could be reproduced.
The Neogeo itself is a showcase console which is in old new stock condition. I have concentrated more on the cosmetic side because it is a nonsense to comment something like this with "it's just a cosmetic effect". Your products are really great when they work, and I'm glad you are here, but your support is bad! Sorry, guys.
I would like an official answer to my support request by e-mail. Replace the module or send me another case + partial refund. When we bought the NEO GEO SD PRO it was still under EU law, as your company was still selling from Spain.
I would like to mention again that I think your products are great and I am not looking for any stress, in our household there is one Mega SD and one SSDS3 in addition to the NeoSD pro.

best regards

Todd
Admin

21 Jan 2020, 14:58

What do you mean send you another case? According to your previous posts the cart contacts were scratched (which is normal from usage).

AMIGA

21 Jan 2020, 22:32

I believe I have read that there is a problem with the case. So I thought it would be cool if they sent me a new housing for the neo sd pro.
The scratches were there from the beginning and have nothing to do with the use, again to explain it clearly, the scratches are there since the delivery, were there when I took the NEO GEO SD PRO out of the box. regards
Last edited by AMIGA on 07 Feb 2020, 13:29, edited 1 time in total.

AndiBcool

24 Jan 2020, 02:19

Just remove the spacer where the contacts come out and test if it works then without flaws.

If it does work you can make the slot holes of the spacer bigger or wait untill TO has new spacers to send to you.

AMIGA

10 Feb 2020, 17:58

I ask again what compensation do I get for my NEO SD PRO having arrived with scratched module contacts? Let's leave everything else aside please.

TruREALigion

12 Feb 2020, 15:44

AMIGA wrote:
10 Feb 2020, 17:58
I ask again what compensation do I get for my NEO SD PRO having arrived with scratched module contacts? Let's leave everything else aside please.
Ok AMIGA, I promised myself to not get into this anymore but... here I am trying to help out again.

So the question again is.... Does your NEO SD AES Pro work?

I realized that your English is not strong but I will say this: I am confused on what your problem is. The simple solution is to simply return the product for a refund... but obviously you like this product and haven't even gone that route yet.

1. First you said you had graphic glitches - You were given suggestions to use the right Power Supply, as well as my suggestion to get your AES modified, re-capped, whatever
2. You say it was issue with the contacts being scratched. We said that the contacts are supposed to be scratched anyways. You say that the product is expensive and should be in pristine condition, which is ridiculous.
3. Now you are talking about the case needing to be replaced because you "heard" about the "fixes" to loosen the case or whatever. This wasn't even your initial problem. Now you say you want some kind of compensation... such as a new plastic case?

Again, If the Neo SD AES Pro does not work. I suggest you just go with the refund, and buy again. Complaining about "expensive product shouldn't have scratches" just shows that you aren't prepared for the Neo Geo AES/MVS world. Otherwise, get a translator (don't use online translation tools), and be clear on what your real problem is.

AndiBcool

14 Feb 2020, 12:58

Basicly he claims to have glitches and had taken photos of that. Its unclear if he still has glitches.
The 2nd issue he has are the scratches on the contacts that go from left to right.
You might get scratches from up to down when inserting and take out the NeoSD. But not from left to right.
I cant tell how deep thease scratches are and if they cause issues.

He asks now for some comparsion for the cosmetical look of the cart. This can be an issue if he wants to sell the cart so someone later and get less money because of it.
He bought a new item and wants it in new condition. Basicly the same you buy a new car and dont want a large visible scratch on one side.

From what i can tell, he bought the Pro while TO was still sending from spain and so he didnt need to pay import tax of 19%.
If he sends the Pro now back, TO will have issues with customs, if the Pro gets lost on the way he does not get a refund.

Getting a refund and buy a new one is no real option, because he will have to pay import tax of 19% on Pro and shipping costs on top. So its a loss.
Getting a replacement will again cause issues with customs, there is a lot paperwork to do.

There is also a language barrier, that seems pretty much bad. If his english is that bad, its kinda hard to do a good support when you all talk only english.
I also noticed booth sides are very slow with posting.

I could translate english to german and vice versa but im not asked so i dont really care.

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro AES Tech Support”