RobertTwinings

Re: DHL order “payment required” issue

16 Aug 2019, 07:23

@ yoshi41 : How much DHL asked you for duties and import taxes ?

yoshi41

16 Aug 2019, 16:35

I paid about 38 euros.

VAT and import taxes are different in each country. I'm (unfortunately) used to pay fees on imports, since Switzerland is "neutral" and is not part of any customs union. UK people will be probably in the same boat soon.

I prefer to buy from Japan or other "import friendly" sellers shipping with national postal service. Japanese sellers usually declare a fraction of the value to avoid the tax annoyance. Import fees probably made sense to protect the local market. These days, in a global world, it makes no longer sense to me, since lots of products are not available locally anymore. It's a modern form of robber barons. :evil:

I understand the trouble for EU buyers, since they ordered a product from Spain, but it's delivered from Andorra. On the other hand, I'm wondering how many people would really miss such a great product because of import fees?! TO is a small company with enthusiasts providing great value for the video games community. If the move to Andorra helps them to survive and expand there business, it's a good thing for all of us. :)

rosewood

16 Aug 2019, 19:04

Import fee for Germany is 62,38€.
Actually, it would be only 47,50€, but DHL Express adds their own fee for customs clearance.

RobertTwinings

17 Aug 2019, 01:29

@ rosewood roughly the same amount.
I like how all those integrators (DHL, FEDEX, UPS,....) can charge easily for "administrative fee" ...
Everything is done by computer... It doesn't cost that amount of money !

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”