SamBass

Missing Red Channel when using Super SD System 3

08 Mar 2019, 22:10

When I power on my Turbografx and connect it via Super SD System 3 / OSSC to my TV I am missing the red channel. However, If I connect it via a DIY composite A/V cable - http://www.cgquarterly.com/2010/04/26/b ... -av-cable/ - with all other setups elements the same, I get all color channels as expected.

Any advice?

System Details...

PCEngine Model - Turbografx16

Power Supply: 3rd party... I know, I sourcing an original :)

Video cable: Genesis 2 RGB Scart Cable from Console5 (https://console5.com/store/sega-genesis ... cable.html)

SD card brand: Sandisk 128gb

Region modded?: No

SSDS3 revision 1 or 2?: Revision 2

In Game Trigger enabled in the Options menu? No

Any other details specific to your setup: RGB SCART Cable connected to OSSC into 2017 Sony Bravia HDTV.

Todd
Admin

Re: Missing Red Channel when using Super SD System 3

08 Mar 2019, 23:25

Was this working at some point and if so, when did it stop?
Have you removed the SSDS3 and verified all the pins on your console are straight and not bent or broken?

Mobiusstriptech

08 Mar 2019, 23:44

No offense to Luke but those SCART cables he sells are garbage. You most likely will want to try a different cable. I agree with Todd on checking the pins. Composite video is driven by one pin and completely unrelated to RGBS.

SamBass

09 Mar 2019, 02:25

This is a new - for me - Turbografix. Needed a clean but otherwise in decent shape. I know very little about this particular console, so it's a learning experience.

Looking at the extension port, it looks like the 3 pins on the far right of the ext port (apologies, I don't know their names, but in a vertical line along the right side of the ext port) are slightly loose - when a small amount of pressure is applied they sink into the ext port.

I suspect that's the issue. Anything I can do?

Todd
Admin

09 Mar 2019, 03:12

SamBass wrote:
09 Mar 2019, 02:25
This is a new - for me - Turbografix. Needed a clean but otherwise in decent shape. I know very little about this particular console, so it's a learning experience.

Looking at the extension port, it looks like the 3 pins on the far right of the ext port (apologies, I don't know their names, but in a vertical line along the right side of the ext port) are slightly loose - when a small amount of pressure is applied they sink into the ext port.

I suspect that's the issue. Anything I can do?

Yep. Those are the RGB pins.

Mobius might have a remedy for that.

SamBass

13 Mar 2019, 23:25

Just to round this out, I took some advice Mobius, opened up the machine and fixed the issue - three loose pins and a case that wasn't properly closed last time someone opened it up, so the Super SD System 3 was having issues sliding on. Thanks everyone!

Todd
Admin

14 Mar 2019, 00:49

Fantastic news! :D

Return to “Super SD System 3 Tech Support”