pixel240p

New Games for neo geo

20 Jul 2020, 21:07

Hello, I'm a big fan of neo geo and I would like you to launch an update so that SD PRO can run these new console games ...

http://embuscadosjogosperdidos.blogspot ... o-fim.html

are games released after neo geo was abandoned by snk, is there a possibility that you will release this update and make us, owners of neo sd pro even happier?

Todd
Admin

Re: New Games for neo geo

20 Jul 2020, 21:40

No.

Those games are still for sale by the developer so out of respect for them we will not support them.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

TokyoRebirth

26 Jul 2020, 17:57

I'm not in any way one of those guys who rip off developers (I have the same view as you - games from the 90s which are not sold anymore compared to games that came out a week ago)

And I know Terraonion doesn't support the NG.Dev Team roms - but one thing though:

I could understand that you have a deal in some way with them, however "Those games are still for sale by the developer" - please show me where, because I can't find them. Kraut Busters may get another revision some day, but games like Last Hope have been out of print for a decade now. The only way to get them is to spend money on eBay and feed the crazy people for insane prices (the main reason I bought the NeoSD Pro).

I also asked the NG.Dev Team if they could sell their roms (like Bitmap Bureau / Xeno Crisis) but haven't received any answer.
I would gladly pay them for their games in rom format, since the NeoSD Pro has enough power to handle anything anyway.

Todd
Admin

26 Jul 2020, 20:46

Unless they decide to release roms for their games, they won’t be supported. That’s the bottom line.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

TokyoRebirth

26 Jul 2020, 23:01

I'm not the OP of this thread, just saying.

The answer is however a bit awkward. How many of the NeoSD (Pro) supported Game Developers have you contacted? SNK? Alpha Denshi? Sunsoft? They don't sell their roms.

It should be stated in the Product Details of the NeoSD Pro that you don't support NG.Dev Team related roms. That would also go hand in hand with the removal of the Black Friday Promotion that is out of date for the product but still on the buying page. ;)

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro Discussion”