mightyMKZERO

Glitches and artifacts on NeoSD AES

13 Jul 2020, 14:50

Hi

I received a NeoSD for the AES system over the weekend.Having loaded on some ROMs via Neobuilder as advised I tested a few games today. I seem to be getting some artefacts on the NeoSD menu on the lower half and sides of the screen. I put this down initially to the unit witting information from the SD to the cart. However, during game play these artefacts return randomly.

My set up is a Neo AES low serial number (Unibios v4.0) with a pro pow E PSU (retro games supply). AES is output into a scart RGB out to my TV.
I do not have issues with any other Neo Geo cart that I have used previously. I went back and tested an original Neo game after using the NeoSd and there was no issue with artifacts.
I have also tested on both CRT incase it was the flatscreen TV that was causing the visual issues. Sadly the artefacts were prominent when using the NeoSd with the CRT too.

Can I check is this a problem that has occurred with any other NeoSD and do I have the most up to date firmware with 1.06?
Sadly this issue makes the NeoSD unplayable at the moment so I hope this can be resolved.

Todd
Admin

Re: Glitches and artifacts on NeoSD AES

13 Jul 2020, 18:16

Can you post a video of what it is doing?
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Todd
Admin

13 Jul 2020, 22:09

Do you have an original Neo Geo power supply to test with?

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

mightyMKZERO

13 Jul 2020, 22:16

Only have the one PSU which has not caused any issues in the past. The original PSU would have been a Japanese version and not compatible in the UK.

sking0820

14 Jul 2020, 00:09

Hello,

I recently purchased the NeoSD MVS & I'm getting glitches and artifacts while using it inside my arcade cabinet. I've only had the product for a week in a half & I've had to constantly restart my cabinet to get rid of the glitching. Any update of a new firmware to fix this problem?

Todd
Admin

14 Jul 2020, 02:22

@both of you: send us an email including your cart serial number and order number. Support(at)Terraonion.com

mightyMKZERO

14 Jul 2020, 10:23

OK. Will do thanks

sking0820

14 Jul 2020, 17:34

Todd wrote:
14 Jul 2020, 02:22
@both of you: send us an email including your cart serial number and order number. Support(at)Terraonion.com
Sent as requested

Taco_Human

17 Jul 2020, 04:13

This happens to me too but I've always felt it was a cosmetic thing? It doesn't stop the games from running. Does worry me a bit though when I do see it. I'm using a third party power adapter.

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro Discussion”