HKAPFC

Questions on purchasing Neosd

11 Mar 2020, 14:20

Hi guys , I have just bought the mega sd and it is awesome . I just got myself a hdmi cable for neogeo and is now thinking about getting a Neo sd .

I just want to know if I can change difficulty , settings when playing arcade version of the games since my aes does not have an uni bios installed and not planned to get one anytime soon .

By the way , what’s the difference between a neo sd and neo sd pro ?

WestSide

Re: Questions on purchasing Neosd

13 Mar 2020, 21:36

You can set the console to run either the MVS or AES version of the game along with the Japan, USA, or Europe region of it, so you're good. NeoSD Pro is the more powerful unit, and allows for 4-slot game loading, along with 1 RAM slot.

Chesterman

14 Mar 2020, 05:49

I'm in the same boat...just got my Mega SD and love it and am looking at the Neo SD. However, I don't even own a Neo Geo system yet, so I'm shopping ebay and see tons of Japanese AES consoles. From what I understand, if using original US carts on a Japanese AES, then the game will defer to its Japanese language, correct? But if using the Neo SD, I can force the US region and the game will be in English, even on a Japanese console? Do I understand that correctly?

Also, I cannot use the Neo SD Pro AES in a MVS system correct? (Even if the cart is in "MVS" mode?) Thanks.

toaks

18 Apr 2020, 02:27

Chesterman wrote:
14 Mar 2020, 05:49
I'm in the same boat...just got my Mega SD and love it and am looking at the Neo SD. However, I don't even own a Neo Geo system yet, so I'm shopping ebay and see tons of Japanese AES consoles. From what I understand, if using original US carts on a Japanese AES, then the game will defer to its Japanese language, correct? But if using the Neo SD, I can force the US region and the game will be in English, even on a Japanese console? Do I understand that correctly?

Also, I cannot use the Neo SD Pro AES in a MVS system correct? (Even if the cart is in "MVS" mode?) Thanks.
Yep, you got it!

mightyMKZERO

08 Jul 2020, 11:11

Does the NEOSD mean that a Neo Geo memory card is no longer required? I'm just wondering if it will save game progress as well as high scores?

Todd
Admin

08 Jul 2020, 18:03

No, you will still need a memory card.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro Discussion”