CMS

Re: NeoSD Pro booting to white screen

18 Jan 2020, 12:55

I also have this issue with booting to white screen, I've tried to move the spacer up but it doesn't work. Will we receive new cart shells that actually works?

cgallant1

18 Jan 2020, 21:18

CMS wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 12:55
I also have this issue with booting to white screen, I've tried to move the spacer up but it doesn't work. Will we receive new cart shells that actually works?
As has been mentioned several times, the most successful solution is the one Utgardaloki76 found by filing the middle of the spacer. I have not had any booting issues after following his directions.

CMS

18 Jan 2020, 22:15

Yes, thanks I’ve seen that but I’m not filing the spacer risking breaking it. For a 600€+ item you’d expect it to work, if it doesn’t work because of a design flaw you should receive a fix for free without having to risk damiging the cart.

cgallant1

18 Jan 2020, 22:43

CMS wrote:
18 Jan 2020, 22:15
Yes, thanks I’ve seen that but I’m not filing the spacer risking breaking it. For a 600€+ item you’d expect it to work, if it doesn’t work because of a design flaw you should receive a fix for free without having to risk damiging the cart.

I won't disagree with you there but it is a fairly easy fix. I also wasn't wild about doing surgery on an expensive product like this. I was just reiterating the fix that can most likely alleviate this issue. Compared to moving the spacer deeper into the cart this was definitely an easier process to complete. That said, not everyone is willing to tinker with things.

terraonion_admin
Site Admin

21 Jan 2020, 02:40

Hello,

Just to give some information about the status of the issue from our side:

We have shipped some pcbs to china, to the mold manufacturer. I talked with the mold designer today, he got the pcbs and he is going to work on determine the issue (yes, we know its on the spacer but we need to know whats failing on some consoles while most work fine)

Its chinese new year now and i dont know when he will report back, as soon as he tells me where the issue on the spacer is we will decide what to do.

My recomendation for now is : mod the spacer as its an easy mod, if you screw the spacer while moding it, we will send you another spacer (like the current one), thats not a big deal to damage the spacer.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Alex,

longlong27

21 Jan 2020, 06:23

Hi just to clarify, if I wanted a replacment for tlmy faulty neo sd, is that possible, pls let me know if a new cart replacment is possible or onky a refund would be given?

I had the spacer issue and want is worst is that I coukd not even get the thing to boot despite trying all the available methods to rectify the issue.

I was given a choice of refund but would like a replacement if possible.

TerryC

21 Jan 2020, 18:05

I also hv the space issue and running my NEO SD PRO as naked PCB now....

I just thinking, if i simply remove the spacer and then seal the shell with the PCB inside, will that work?

jeremymwv

22 Jan 2020, 03:35

I purchased an NeoSD Pro from Stoneage Gamer. I initiated a return, because quite frankly for 600 + dollars I wanted something that worked. My NeoSD would start at a scrambled screen and then go to blue. They told me that they had tested it several times before sending it out and it worked, they kinda made me feel like I had broken it. I think your company should reach out to them and let them know there is an issue going on. I asked for a swap for a new one, I hope I get it. I will try the pointers left on here to see if it will work. My question is, if there is a problem with the case, will we (the ones that have purchased it before you figure it out) get a new case for it? Thanks in advance

TerryC

22 Jan 2020, 17:57

it works........simply take away the spacer then seal the shell and insert into AES is OK...

Macck

07 Feb 2020, 00:34

Hi guys,

Received my Neo SD Pro this week, and got same problem, with the spacer the cart goes to white screen, since i do not have skill and patient to hack the spacer, please put me in the list to send the correct spacer.

At the moment I can only use it if the cart is naked.

[ ]'Macck

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro Discussion”