MarcoAG11

NeoSD Pro Cheats and Attract Mode Muted when on MVS

03 Mar 2019, 22:14

Hello Everyone!

I was wondering if anyone knows where to get the cheats from? Also is there a way to turn on the sound on for attract mode when the NeoSD Pro is in MVS mode? By Attract mode I mean the opening demo screen before pressing the start button.

Todd
Admin

Re: NeoSD Pro Cheats and Attract Mode Muted when on MVS

04 Mar 2019, 01:50

Cheats:
http://downloads.terraonion.com/public/cheats.zip

Extract that archive to the root of your SD card.

yoshi41

04 Mar 2019, 09:49

MarcoAG11 wrote:
03 Mar 2019, 22:14
Also is there a way to turn on the sound on for attract mode when the NeoSD Pro is in MVS mode? By Attract mode I mean the opening demo screen before pressing the start button.

MVS mode on AES behaviour is described in the firmware 1.06 changelog...

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthrea ... ost4274818

- [NEW] MVS mode for AES. You can now play the MVS versions of the games with a stock AES bios, but it has a few differences with actual MVS boards:
....- Games will run in freeplay. The stock AES bios doesn't know about credits and how to increment/decrement them.
....- Games run with demo sound disabled. This value is directly read from the MVS backup ram hardware, that AES boards lack.
....- Running games in USA region doesn't show the "Winners don't use drugs". The stock AES bios doesn't have the code to show that.

However, dermo sound works on some games.

MarcoAG11

04 Mar 2019, 20:26

Thanks so much for the info!

orbitomrc

14 Mar 2019, 04:08

I extracted the cheaps zip fil to the root of my NeoSD Pro memory card (same directory as where all the ROMS are) but when I go to the in game menu and select cheats, it's still not working. Am I doing something wrong?

UPDATE: OK, copied the cheats folder (not all the individual files DUH) to the root and it works now. Woo hoo!

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro General Discussion”