gamer57

NeoGeo Aes Roms

21 Jan 2019, 16:50

Hello Everybody,

I'm totally new to these forums and am a complete newbee to the flashcart world so I'm having a very difficult time seeking out the roms needed for my NeoSD. I received my cart last week and have spend everyday since attempting, unsuccessfully, to find the NeoGeo Aes roms for the cart. I am on the brink of giving up and am very close to returning the Neosd.

Please is there anyone out there that can help me find the sites that hold the proper roms for this cart, I would forever be in your debt.

Thank you,
Bill

Todd
Admin

Re: NeoGeo Aes Roms

22 Jan 2019, 06:54

Have your downloaded a regular Neo Geo rom set and run it through Neobuilder to get the correct rom set?

gamer57

23 Jan 2019, 17:25

Hi Todd,

First I want to thank you for replying to my message. I’m a huge fan of your youtube site Todd’s Nerd Cave and actually decided to purchase the NeoSD after viewing your review of the product.

To answer your question, yes I am attempting to run the roms through the NeoBuilder UI v1.06 . If I choose Destination Dir. The start button is grayed out. If I choose Mame Roms Dir. I can hit the start button however each and every time I do so the results are a list of what appears to be all of the Neo Geo game files in the Mising Rom Sets files column.

I’m down loading the roms from two popular rom sites although they do not specify weather the roms are AES or MVS if that makes a difference. Todd is there anyway you can lead me to a site or resource that has compatible roms for the flash cart? I really want to keep the NeoSd as I’ve always enjoyed playing the games but of course because of the expense have a very limited library.

Thanks,
Bill

geoman10

25 Jan 2019, 11:33

Hi,

I'm having the same issue as you gamer57. I was told before I purchased the NeoSD that it would be extremely easy to access the roms needed to convert and then download on to the flash cart. I can't for the life of me find any source that supplies the roms needed for this other wise awesome product. Unfortunately I too am ready to return the cart.

Please can anyone help?

elevengames

25 Jan 2019, 18:24

The burden of responsibility for finding ROMs for use with any flash cart should never fall on the maker of the cart for obvious legal reasons. There are also obvious legal reasons why it's generally discouraged to ask for ROMs on a public forum.

I would think that DM's would be a more proper way of making these requests. I would help if I could, but I'm waiting for the Neo SD Pro MVS, and won't be able to confirm that the set that I have will work until then. I wish you both the best in your search.

thegreathopper

04 Feb 2019, 09:23

They should work fine, there used to be a full set available on a very popular neogeo forum.

Belos

29 May 2019, 19:20

I play Mame retro games for a long time, so I used several emulators for Neo Geo ( I want to try these games I found out that they are similar to Mame) but they won't work did someone tries Mame Emulator to play Neo Geo Games and which one is the best RetroArch or else.

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro General Discussion”