flashlogic

Problems while flashing a game

26 Dec 2018, 01:35

I changed the PSU because I had only a black screen when starting the NeoSD, I bought a new PSU, it is a new 5v 3A dedicated to the Neo Geo, manufactured by a game shop:

https://www.tradergames.fr/en/snk/alime ... 79184.html

Now the NeoSD menu appears, but it still show some issues.

When flashing a game, the screen switch to black (but the TV always detect the signal). After some time, the screen shows some weird patterns and usually finish with a blue screen. Sometimes it stays blue, then I reboot the console few seconds after and the game launches (mainly with small game). Sometimes the screen flickers and it doesn't conclude to a playable game.

You can see on video:

https://youtu.be/ElUiPBvTIBo

What could we do ?

Todd
Admin

Re: Problems while flashing a game

26 Dec 2018, 02:50

Still sounds like a PSU issue or possibly console problem.

Do you have another AES to test it on?

flashlogic

26 Dec 2018, 12:14

It is hard to ear, because my console plays regular games and because I just bought a new PSU. My opinion is rather that the NeoSD should adapt to the hardware, with all the possible little variations.

No hard feelings, but this had to be said.

Currently I don't have another AES. I can go to the shop and ask to check the NeoSD. I know they have a jap AES to sell. BUT there are 99% chance that they use the same PSU I recently bought.

Todd
Admin

26 Dec 2018, 19:42

flashlogic wrote:
26 Dec 2018, 12:14
It is hard to ear, because my console plays regular games and because I just bought a new PSU. My opinion is rather that the NeoSD should adapt to the hardware, with all the possible little variations.

No hard feelings, but this had to be said.

Currently I don't have another AES. I can go to the shop and ask to check the NeoSD. I know they have a jap AES to sell. BUT there are 99% chance that they use the same PSU I recently bought.
If you can, check it on another console and psu combo if possible.

NEOSD works fine with original PSU units. However, third party psu's are notoriously crappy. And just because it works with original games, doesn't mean that psu is a quality one.

Each NEOSD gets tested and powered on multiple times before shipping on original hardware with original psu.

flashlogic

30 Dec 2018, 13:01

I am waiting for a new AES with its original POW3 10 1A. Any advice for a good 220v -> 100v converter ?

flashlogic

05 Jan 2019, 13:47

OK the NeoSD works fine with my new AES with original ProPow3 10v.

But so sad for my old AES ProPow 5v :cry:

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro AES Tech Support”