Ricard350

Rom files get corrupted on NeoSD SD card

01 Dec 2018, 19:06

Hi,

This has happened twice so far, I try to flash new games on the NeoSD and it takes forever to load, sometime it freeze or load the game with glitches/error.
It turned out that when it happened I took the sd card out and put it in my PC and all files on the card got corrupted. If I tried to copy them back to my PC to test, Windows explorer copy progress indicator would just close out of nowhere during the copy "aborting the copy". After reformating the SD card everything was good until a few month later it happened again.

Anyone else had that issue? Im using a regular no frill Sandisk Sd card.

Could it be that my sd card could be sensitive to power cycling when console it turned ON/OFF ?

Thanks

Todd
Admin

Re: Rom files get corrupted on NeoSD SD card

01 Dec 2018, 19:52

It could be something card related. I would pick up a new card and try it again.

Ricard350

13 Dec 2018, 02:18

Just an update : Todd I think you are right, my Sd card now wont even get recognized by windows anymore.

So I call it dead, It just the first time it ever happened to me, but it seems pretty common... Last time I had physical media failure was good old 3.5" discs....

Error reading drive A:
Abort, Retry, Ignore, Fail ..... the good old days...

Todd
Admin

13 Dec 2018, 15:05

Sucks that a card dies, but a $20 card biting the dust is better than the NeoSD lol.

Keep us updated once you have a chance to get another sd card.

Ricard350

17 Dec 2018, 18:06

I have gotten a new microSD card and all is good...

I still have the random pixel flickering randomly but when it happens, a simple reset / pwr cycle and it fixes it.....
I can live with that no problem, I heard the devs are already aware of it and its being addressed in their beta firmware.....

Thanks for your reply Todd, I remember you from the NG forums, you seems to be an "ambassador" in the retro gaming community. :)

It's always nice to see people like you giving good inputs.

Thanks
David

Todd
Admin

18 Dec 2018, 05:42

Glad to hear it was just a card.

These things are so cheap nowadays, might as well keep several on hand as backups!

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro AES Tech Support”