Todd
Admin

Re: NEOSD Pro problems

07 Nov 2019, 21:33

I'm not blaming anything on you. I'm just checking to see if you have another console to test on.

AMIGA

12 Nov 2019, 23:44

sorry for the late feedback. unfortunately i don't have any other console or power supply to test. The scratches on the PCB contacts are not normal anyway.

AMIGA

27 Nov 2019, 07:19

Which power supply do you recommend to buy? And what about the scratches on the module's contacts? Sorry but why does the support take so long? So far I haven't received an answer by mail, that's very unprofessional, considering the price of the module!

Todd
Admin

27 Nov 2019, 19:07

Have you tried cleaning the contacts on the NeoSD ? Using cotton swap in isopropyl alcohol? Are they actually scratches or dust/dirt from your cart slot connector?

AMIGA

02 Dec 2019, 00:45

the problem has nothing to do with cleaning, the contacts are scratched. Which power supply would you recommend? and what happens with the scratches now. should I live with it? Or will you give me away with an exchange or refund?

TruREALigion

05 Dec 2019, 15:35

Not sure if this was answered, but does a normal AES cart work?

I had this exact same problem.

1. Clean the contacts on the AES
2. Use the correct power supply.

For me personally, I have the Revision 1 AES board so I got the 4 Amp Triad Adapter. The stock adapter is 3 Amp which causes random resets.
https://www.digikey.ca/products/en/powe ... ageSize=25

3. If you can, find a modder to re-cap your board
The AES is not a simple console to own. Not only are they 30 years old, but if you want to invest in it, you will need to understand the world of modding, cleanup, as well as the different types of boards to know how much voltage is needed. That being said, I feel that Terraonion should leave a disclaimer note for people purchasing the Neo SD AES products. If your board is un-touched and using all OEM parts, you will most likely have problems.

I personally have my AES boards are cleaned, re-capped, and also have the RGB Bypass mod. I also use an OSSC with HD Retrovision cables as well as a SCART cable. If you have no idea what I am talking about.. then you will need to either get into researching, otherwise the AES isn't for you.

This is my AES after my "cleanup
Before
After

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro AES Tech Support”