flashlogic

Big games no longer work

22 May 2019, 23:31

Hi

I meet a sad issue with my NeoSD. While small games work fine (Puzzle Bobble, Magician Lord, Viewpoint...), big games no longer work (Metal Slug, SNK vs Capcom...). Some games reboot after Neo Geo eye-catcher, some completely crash.

It happened suddenly, no recent update was done, not even a new game was added.

You can see with SNK vs Capcom:
https://youtu.be/xSiaIzyb7NE

Any idea ?

Todd
Admin

Re: Big games no longer work

23 May 2019, 02:39

What kind of PSU are you using? We’ve seen this with 3rd party units.

flashlogic

23 May 2019, 18:55

Original Neo-POW3 10V 1000mA

I didn't change it, it is the same.

Todd
Admin

24 May 2019, 05:51

Please send us an email with all the details of your setup, hardware and what is happening: support at terraonion.com

flashlogic

29 May 2019, 15:28

Sadly the answer is always the same : "your PSU".

It is not really satisying to have an expensive product so sensitive to PSU variations, more than official products.

Terraonion should consider to supply the NeoSD externally or provide a proprietary PSU.

Todd
Admin

29 May 2019, 15:34

flashlogic wrote:
29 May 2019, 15:28
Sadly the answer is always the same : "your PSU".

It is not really satisying to have an expensive product so sensitive to PSU variations, more than official products.

Terraonion should consider to supply the NeoSD externally or provide a proprietary PSU.
Cedric,
I responded to your last email.

The reality is that probably 90% of the issues we see ARE power supply related.

The NeoSD was designed to work on consoles with original SNK power supplies and of course it's more demanding on the system than an original cartridge. However it was designed to work within the constrains of the original PSU. And if that PSU starts going bad, original carts might still work, but NeoSD will not.

If you can test the cart with another original PSU or high quality 3rd party one, that would be great. If indeed it's not the PSU, we will be happy to take a look at the cart.

Mblack1

13 Jun 2019, 22:12

Arf i just bought a third party psu for my neogeo aes here : https://retrogamesupply.com/collections ... eo-geo-aes
I will receive the neosd pro next week, do you think i can have issues with it ?

Mobiusstriptech

14 Jun 2019, 19:59

Personal opinion, I think the retrogamesupply units are crap. The ones I have personally seen are usually just rebadged cheap Chinese supplies. RetroGameCave makes their own custom supplies that work great. There are also the meanwell and triad supplies, if you know enough about power supplies to source the correct thing.

Mblack1

14 Jun 2019, 21:54

I just saw RetroGameCave stuff, the problem is that they use US psu, i'm in Europe.
I have the original japanese neogeo PSU, if retrogamesupply stuff doesn't work, i will buy a Voltage converter.

NightShadowPT

12 Jul 2019, 03:18

I had the exact same problem.

Smaller games worked fine, while ALL the large ones displayed some kind of graphical issue that would render the games unplayable.

It ended up being fixed by removing the cart and reinserting it properly again.

My guess is that the pins required by the larger games where not properly connected, resulting in the glitches.

As mentioned, reinserting the cart properly fixed the issue.

Hopefully, this will work for you as well.

Regards,

Return to “NEOSD and NEOSD Pro AES Tech Support”