mastamuzz

what's up with this?

11 Feb 2019, 07:20

Where To Purchase:
Please remember that if you’re interested in purchasing an SSDS3, it’s much safer to buy it from a trusted reseller such as Stone Age Gamer, rather than from TerraOnion directly, as their history of theft, harassment and exposing customer information (seriously!) makes them the number one company in the retro-gaming scene to stay away from.

This is a device I want to love, but the high price and company’s consistent disrespect towards their customers make it a solid no for me.

found it at Retro RGB while looking for info on the fixes for my video OCD, those are serious accusations and not the TO I know.

Todd
Admin

Re: what's up with this?

11 Feb 2019, 14:53

Bob doesn't like Terraonion. That's pretty much all that needs to be said as I don't think it's worth rehashing the past.

mastamuzz

12 Feb 2019, 04:23

He doesn't like half the communities cause I still remember when people use to make fun of him before he got the gang support but oh well as you said no need to relive the drama, no wonder I stay away from the forums for long periods of time, life is delicious so better not to waste it on the internet. :mrgreen:

DarkHalf

12 Jun 2019, 17:25

You know it's funny, I've seen significant amounts of, well frankly, hatred towards Terraonion on many different websites. So much so that I'd certainly be wary of purchasing directly from you guys. Sorry, I'd like that statement to be different and as always, there's two sides to every story. But you know what they say, there's no smoke without fire.

Indeed I personally have been emailing Terraonion for almost two years now to ask various questions. Despite my many emails, I have never received a single response. Not a one.

Full disclaimer, I am also a member of the press, however, despite having no responses from Terraonion, I have never taken to writing negative articles about them. All it has made me do, is write no articles about them, or their products.

I know that the team isn't huge and producing these products is time consuming and financially stressing. Which is why I really do wish the situation with Terraonion was a little different. I'd love to sing their praises and help them to sell more products, I really would. I still fully intend to become a Terraonion customer myself (as soon as the wife forgets just how much money I've already spent this year :D). The full compliment of Terraonion products would fit in amazingly well with the series of retro based articles I have just started writing. But when you don't get any response from the company, be that as a customer or as a member of the press, you're significantly less inclined to write about them.

Still, I do wish you all the very best of luck and I do hope you continue to make these amazing products. While there are alternatives to the Terraonion Neo-Geo products, to my mind the Super SD System 3 is unmatched in the market, nothing else even comes close. And as a consumer, I'd rather support a European company whenever I can, simply because I am European and I believe "local" innovation should be supported.

Cheers guys.
If at first you don't succeed, call it version 1.0.

Todd
Admin

12 Jun 2019, 21:19

I would like to know more about these emails you have been sending.

Since I am the one that mans the support email account, I would like details of these emails you have been sending us because I don't recall the press contacting it at all.

Or have you been trying to contact us through some other method?

I am honestly inquiring about the details.

DarkHalf

13 Jun 2019, 14:22

Hi Todd,

I've sent emails to shop@terraonion.com, support@terraonion.com and I've used the contact form on the About Page.

I've sent a fair few over the past year or two, the last of which was around the middle of January this year. After that one I decided not to bother anymore.

In all honesty, the first emails I sent to the support address, way back when, were because I'd read so many horror stories about Terraonion.
As I say, there's always two sides to every story and I certainly didn't wish to dismiss Terraonion based on what people write on the internet - dear god we'd never buy anything if we took all of that seriously. Some people, I find at least, like to complain and complain loudly over almost nothing..

So I did what I always do when I'm less than certain about placing an order with any company I've never purchased from, I contact them with a question. After several no-replies, that's when I decided I didn't want to risk placing an order.

Some of the emails I have sent have been for my writing purposes. The subject line and of course, the main body, have illustrated this before anything else would be mentioned. They would initially just have been because I think you're doing great work and I wanted to ask if you'd share some information for an article - pretty standard stuff.

The more recent ones would have been much the same, but would also have mentioned that I recently began a series of retro-inspired articles covering my own journey through gaming. As I started in the 1970's with a Pong TV game and have amassed almost 80 systems in my gaming life, it's essentially a history of gaming and I though it would give me more opportunities to talk about the Terraonion products.

Cheers,
Stuart.

Todd
Admin

13 Jun 2019, 14:46

Stuart,
I found just one email in the support email box from a Stuart, so I am assuming you are the same one. Dated March 5th. I apologize for not responding to it as it seemed like it was maybe spammy/robo generated when I skimmed over it. We receive a lot of emails to the support email box (many not support related at all, unfortunately), so I try to prioritize actual support issues over information/inquiry requests.

I'll respond to that email shortly as time permits.

DarkHalf

13 Jun 2019, 14:55

Hi Todd,

Thanks for the quick response. I couldn't honestly say if it will be from me or not, the last trace I have of being in contact was January, though what I've deleted and not deleted is up for debate.

I completely understand how difficult it must be keeping up with emails, particularly if you're having to cope with it on your own. We get a mountain of messages too and I can appreciate how easy it is for some to slip through the cracks, as it were.

Incidentally, I'm looking forward to your upcoming Direct broadcast, I cant wait to see what you have to announce, I'll certainly be watching.
(I also enjoy your own Nerd Cave YouTube channel, always something interesting to see.)

Cheers,
Stuart

Return to “Feedback and Suggestions”