arromdee

Street Fighter II X For Matching Service (DC), Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness (DC)

10 Nov 2020, 04:45

Has anyone managed to get this game to work? Once it gets to the character select screen things are very slow and if I do manage to choose a character anyway it locks up.

Also, Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness seems to lose the music sometimes. Pausing and unpausing sometimes restarts it and sometimes doesn't. Does the original game play this way or is it a MODE problem? Changing the GDROM seek time and read speed does not affect the problem.

schmosef

Re: Street Fighter II X For Matching Service (DC), Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness (DC)

12 Nov 2020, 16:40

I just tested both games. Same problems as you reported. I'm not running the latest MODE firmware yet. I'm waiting to get a 3D printed mount and SD extender, before I open up my DC again.

OmegaPrime

Re: Street Fighter II X For Matching Service (DC), Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness (DC)

12 Nov 2020, 21:01

Hi,

Please try typing in 'Street Fighter II X For Matching Service eng patch' in Google search engine, it's the first website link that you should click on. You'll probably need the following file:

[CDI] Super Street Fighter IIX for Matching Service (English Patched)[RDC].7z

or

[CDI] Super Street Fighter IIX for Matching Service (English Patched Remix)[RDC].7z
(Remixed Soundtrack - check the description on the webpage)

Both dumps have been tested and confirmed working for me perfectly on the most recent MODE firmware 1.03 R02.

As for MS Pac-Man Maze Madness try using the USA Redump of this game, and possibly running the RGB Protection Utility on the image - see this post:
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=1832

arromdee

13 Nov 2020, 07:08

I was using an unmodified game for Super Street Fighter II X. The fan translation in CDI format works, but I was not playing that--I was playing the original and that doesn't work. This game is from the 2020 redump set on archive.org. In fact, the RGB fix page you pointed me to confirms that the game doesn't work even with RGB fix. If an original game doesn't work on the MODE, that is a bug, regardless of whether a fan translation of the same game works.

The Ms. Pac-Man I was using is also from the 2020 redump set on archive.org. Someone may have tested it and found that it "works", but the problem I described is one that's easy to miss. It might not even be obvious that it is supposed to have music. Also, I was running it using VGA, not RGB.

schmosef

14 Nov 2020, 00:58

Just to clarify my experience:

I tested (and confirmed the prior bug reports) using Redump GDIs, not CDIs. Not sure what the implications are with respect to those patches.

About Ms. Pac-Man, there was no music until I paused and unpaused. And then the music would cut out within a minute or so.

Also, I'm using an Akura, which may also be a factor.

squeeb

27 Nov 2020, 14:25

Game is also bugged for me (the redump GDI). Slows to a crawl at character screen then locks up once I choose a fighter.

Return to “MODE Discussion”