User avatar
TokyoRebirth
Posts: 35
Joined: 15 Jul 2020, 10:12
Location: BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

PS1 Revision?

04 Oct 2020, 22:02

So yeah... You guys really surprised me there. You not only crushed the PSIO to the ground but actually made it happen that the entire library can fit in one PS1 shell.

I would order a second one (and thrid if you guys manage a VMU manager) - I just have two brief questions.

1. Do you guys know which PS1 revisions are supported?
2. Is the solderjob possible even though I have a PSIO installed?

I got several PS1s, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but concidering just to have both options in one would be perfect.

User avatar
Todd
Admin
Posts: 1132
Joined: 08 Apr 2018, 22:25
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Contact: Twitter YouTube

Re: PS1 Revision?

05 Oct 2020, 01:14

We’ll post more info on everything including install process and supported models in the near future.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

jp_flynn@hotmail.com
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Sep 2019, 07:48

Re: PS1 Revision?

06 Oct 2020, 03:18

TokyoRebirth wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 22:02
So yeah... You guys really surprised me there. You not only crushed the PSIO to the ground but actually made it happen that the entire library can fit in one PS1 shell.

I would order a second one (and thrid if you guys manage a VMU manager) - I just have two brief questions.

1. Do you guys know which PS1 revisions are supported?
2. Is the solderjob possible even though I have a PSIO installed?

I got several PS1s, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but concidering just to have both options in one would be perfect.
No, you'll need to solder, same as the X-Station. It's not plug and play, sadly.

User avatar
TokyoRebirth
Posts: 35
Joined: 15 Jul 2020, 10:12
Location: BEWAREOBLIVIONISATHAND

Re: PS1 Revision?

11 Oct 2020, 12:07

jp_flynn@hotmail.com wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 03:18
TokyoRebirth wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 22:02
So yeah... You guys really surprised me there. You not only crushed the PSIO to the ground but actually made it happen that the entire library can fit in one PS1 shell.

I would order a second one (and thrid if you guys manage a VMU manager) - I just have two brief questions.

1. Do you guys know which PS1 revisions are supported?
2. Is the solderjob possible even though I have a PSIO installed?

I got several PS1s, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but concidering just to have both options in one would be perfect.
No, you'll need to solder, same as the X-Station. It's not plug and play, sadly.
But I knew that ;) my question was if it uses the same solder points as the PSIO, or if it needs different points. I'm not affraid of soldering at all. Did my PSIO and it worked the first time, but I don't like the SD card solution. The MODE is like a dream since I could just throw in a 10 TB HDD and have the entire library on one PS1 :P

jp_flynn@hotmail.com
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Sep 2019, 07:48

Re: PS1 Revision?

14 Oct 2020, 09:34

TokyoRebirth wrote:
11 Oct 2020, 12:07
jp_flynn@hotmail.com wrote:
06 Oct 2020, 03:18
TokyoRebirth wrote:
04 Oct 2020, 22:02
So yeah... You guys really surprised me there. You not only crushed the PSIO to the ground but actually made it happen that the entire library can fit in one PS1 shell.

I would order a second one (and thrid if you guys manage a VMU manager) - I just have two brief questions.

1. Do you guys know which PS1 revisions are supported?
2. Is the solderjob possible even though I have a PSIO installed?

I got several PS1s, so it wouldn't be the end of the world, but concidering just to have both options in one would be perfect.
No, you'll need to solder, same as the X-Station. It's not plug and play, sadly.
But I knew that ;) my question was if it uses the same solder points as the PSIO, or if it needs different points. I'm not affraid of soldering at all. Did my PSIO and it worked the first time, but I don't like the SD card solution. The MODE is like a dream since I could just throw in a 10 TB HDD and have the entire library on one PS1 :P
Sorry, I read solderjob as solderless when I first looked at your post.

User avatar
Mobiusstriptech
Posts: 338
Joined: 13 Apr 2018, 15:41

Re: PS1 Revision?

14 Oct 2020, 16:14

It's a more involved install than psio. Closer to xstation but not exactly the same.

Marbles
Posts: 28
Joined: 26 Feb 2020, 05:10

Re: PS1 Revision?

20 Oct 2020, 05:34

Wait, there is a PS1 revision?
.... now I fee like I wasted my money on the PSIO...

When is this revision being released?
Seriously, I trust TerraOnion over most modern solutions.

jp_flynn@hotmail.com
Posts: 41
Joined: 16 Sep 2019, 07:48

Re: PS1 Revision?

21 Oct 2020, 08:35

Marbles wrote:
20 Oct 2020, 05:34
Wait, there is a PS1 revision?
.... now I fee like I wasted my money on the PSIO...

When is this revision being released?
Seriously, I trust TerraOnion over most modern solutions.
It was just announced, so it's not going to be here for a while. That said, you can always get an X-Station which is close to launching and pretty cheap, too.

Return to “MODE Discussion”