KentuckY_Jelly

New MODE problems

09 Aug 2020, 17:37

Okay so I have thoroughly gone over the install of the MODE in my Sega Saturn and everything was accomplished per the instruction manual. When I turn on the Saturn it displays the native splash logo and boots to the menu for the console. MODE does light up with the three led lights but doesn't boot into MODE's menu. Please assist.

Todd
Admin

Re: New MODE problems

10 Aug 2020, 00:31

Check your cdrom ribbon cable. It’s probably backwards.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

fluxrez

10 Aug 2020, 05:01

wow. Such a simple fix. And an easy mistake to make. this is why tech support was invented. Hope you get this sorted out. And kudos to TerraOnion for being on top of their forums. Also I am drunk. :lol:

KentuckY_Jelly

10 Aug 2020, 15:33

Putting the cable in the other way didn't fix the problem, but oddly when reversed the access light on the console no longer illuminates.

KentuckY_Jelly

10 Aug 2020, 15:34

fluxrez wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 05:01
wow. Such a simple fix. And an easy mistake to make. this is why tech support was invented. Hope you get this sorted out. And kudos to TerraOnion for being on top of their forums. Also I am drunk. :lol:
Trolling in a help forum, wow you really need to get a life and possibly stop drinking that liquid courage.

KentuckY_Jelly

11 Aug 2020, 01:33

Todd wrote:
10 Aug 2020, 00:31
Check your cdrom ribbon cable. It’s probably backwards.
I happened to have a newer build of Saturn laying around and I tried installing the MODE board in it minus the external power wire included and recommend for use on the original Saturn I installed the MODE into that wasn't working. The MODE at least is coming on, I haven't loaded any ROMS on it as of yet. I reconnected the mode into the first Saturn minus the external power wire and turned the switch off. So far it seems to be working so either the installation instructions need to be updated as to when the extra power wire is needed or maybe a firmware update remedies any issues that may occur.

Todd
Admin

11 Aug 2020, 05:53

We recommend the power cable for all 21 pin Saturns. Some 20 pin also benefit from it.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

KentuckY_Jelly

09 Sep 2020, 17:43

yeah I used the cable in a 21 pin Saturn and it didn't allow the MODE to work. When I put the mode in the 20 pin Saturn I turned off the external power switch and all was working minus the extra power cable. I transferred the MODE back to the 21 pin Saturn and left the cable off and the switch. It worked as normal. So my 21 pin didn't need the extra power and yes it was wired correctly.

Return to “MODE Discussion”