1.01 R04 released July 7th 2020
Get it from the Downloads section
To update firmware, just place this file in the root of your SD card. Firmware update will be checked after the logo
display and you'll be prompted to install the firmware. Once the firmware process has started, don't power the console off
till it finishes, and the console will reboot.
Alternatively you can install the firmware from the Hard Disk Drive, by copying the firmware file to the hard disk root, and
then in the MODE menu, while browsing the HDD device, select Options and then Check Update.
If you powered the console off during update, or you can't boot to the MODE menu to perform the update, you can do a "forced"
update that is applied on boot, even if menu doesn't boot. In order to do this update, rename the XXXXXX_update.upd to
XXXXXX_forced.upd where XXXXXX is your MODE serial. If .upd doesn't show, just rename XXXXX_update to XXXXX_forced. Copy this file
to the root of a SD card (forced updating from HDD is not supported), insert the SD card and power your console on. MODE "Access" and
"PWR" lights will start blinking and your console will either boot to CD player, or will be stuck during loop, don't worry,
that's normal. Wait till both MODE lights stop blinking for around 10 seconds (HDD light might be on or slowly pulsing, that's ok, only
ACCESS and PWR lights are important), and then power your console off and on again. This time the console will boot fine and firmware
will have updated.
- Fix CDDA noises in some Saturn models
- Fix unreliable data transfer (causing failure to boot, or crash to cd player) in some Saturn models.
- Fix subchannel (for CD+G for example) not working in some Saturn models
- Fix .CCD, .CDI and .MDS not loading in Saturn.
- Fix .CCD incorrect last track end on 2nd session (Dreamcast)
- Fix letter J having an extra bar to the left in Saturn.
- Fix selection square not aligned in covers menu in Saturn.
- Fix using the filter reset combo (L+R) not updating the images in covers menu.
- Fix pressing B, selecting Folder Up or doing filter reset sometimes making the covers loading stop till a reset.
- Fix hang or incorrect game launching when pressing A while no games are shown due to empty genre filter list.
- Fix changing devices or menu mode while covers are loading causing a menu hang.
- Remove serial display from boot screen
- Slowed down VMU animation (Dreamcast)
- Slightly faster saturn boot when battery is empty