legolas119

Mode: some general questions

28 Jun 2020, 00:44

Hi guys, I have just discovered your new product (i already hame MegaSd ad Super SDSystem), it seems really good. Well, I have both Saturn and Dreamcast console, both japanese version. I have some question:

1) in order to install Mode, it is necessary to pen the console and remoeve the original optical disc drive from both the console, am i right? In this way i can't play anymome to my original game disc and if I want to play them; i need to re-open the console and install again the disc drive.

2) Speaking about Saturn, it requires a cart in order to add additional ram, up to 4MB. I currently have this cart (Action replay). Is it necessary also for running games with Mode? Or is the additional ram already added in Mode (like Super SD System, for example).

3) When I open the console and install Mode, I have 3 option in order to load my games: microSD, SSD/HDD drive or USB key. Is there any differecens related to loading times between micsro SD, SDD/HDD and USB? Is the microSD speed good? Currently my Saturn game's set is about 5GB and Dreamcast is about 25GB.

4) will you release instructions needed to install it? I'm not very expert and I don't want to break my consoles...they are both original and not modded.

thank you!

Todd
Admin

Re: Mode: some general questions

28 Jun 2020, 07:23

1. Yes. The console must be opened and optical drive removed to install MODE.

2. MODE doesn't emulate the add-on ram carts so you will still need those if any of the games you want to play require it.

3. There isn't a large different performance wise among them.

4. We are still working to finish the instructions. We hope to have them done in a couple days.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

legolas119

28 Jun 2020, 18:59

thank you
Will it be possible to view instructions before to buy MODE in order to understand how it is necessary to do?

thanks!

Todd
Admin

28 Jun 2020, 20:49

legolas119 wrote:
28 Jun 2020, 18:59
thank you
Will it be possible to view instructions before to buy MODE in order to understand how it is necessary to do?

thanks!
Yes. It will be publicly available.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

legolas119

28 Jun 2020, 22:22

thank you!

Last question: i see in the video that it is possible to have cover for every game. I suppose that I have to load them in the microSD on the pc, correct? Dreamcast and Saturn aren't don't have an internet connection.

thanks

Todd
Admin

28 Jun 2020, 23:13

Yes. There will be a database file you drop onto the root of your storage device that has all of that in it.

legolas119

29 Jun 2020, 12:55

thank you!

Welshwisdom

30 Jun 2020, 17:23

Hi.
When will the MODE start to ship ?
Will you be able to switch between USB- SATA in software?
Do you recommend a fan upgrade?
What file system do I need to format SATA
Thanks

Mobiusstriptech

30 Jun 2020, 20:16

Mode started shipping yesterday.

Return to “MODE Discussion”