jerrikamiz

Saturn Unable To Return to Mode

01 Aug 2020, 09:20

Hi all.

Just got my MODE and set all up with my Saturn. It was working great until I tried playing a file that may have been corrupt (Street Fighter Collection Demo). I tried to reset the system, turn the power on and off, even tried pulling out the power plug for a bit, but in all instances the system keeps taking me to the Memory Data Management screen.

I tried using the techniques noted in the manual (hitting and holding SW2 and SW1) while turning the power on and off, but no use there either.

Please let me know if anyone is having a similar issue or can assist.

Thank you!

jerrikamiz

Re: Saturn Unable To Return to Mode

01 Aug 2020, 16:12

Please note that I just took apart the machine, unplugged and replugged the ribbon cable, 5 pin, and external power, and even took out the hard disk and put it back in again. Put it all together and still have the same issue.

When I power on the Saturn it takes me to screen to set the time and date (likely due to needing a new battery), but then it will only take me to the Memory Management and Setting screens, no matter how many times I turn it on, off, or reset it. Perhaps the machine is somehow stuck in a loop where it thinks the lid is open?

I know a hot key combination is being worked on to take you back to the MODE menu, but I think that might be the only fix for this situation if the machine cannot seem to read the device.

Please let me know if anyone can assist. Thank you/

Segaheart99

01 Aug 2020, 18:46

For faster help with getting MODE up and running, please join our Discord: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

jerrikamiz

04 Aug 2020, 07:44

Thank you. I will join after this post.

So things got a bit interesting...

Long story short, the device works no problem now.
I found that when I unplugged the controller and powered on the Saturn with no controller ports in, the device booted to the MODE menu screen but quickly tried to ask me to create a queue of games.
Once I plugged the controller back in, I could navigate and select a game, but it would simply boot back to the Memory Management screen.
However, if I hit the reset button, it would then take me to the game that I had previously attempted to load.

After a couple of tries, I attempted to repeat the same steps as above but used a different controller.
This time, the title selected booted into the game without having to hit the reset button.
I then also attempted to boot the device with the controller still plugged in and it booted right into the MODE menu no problem.

All in all, I am not sure how this loop began earlier, but it appears to have been something to do with the previous controller.

Segaheart99

04 Aug 2020, 07:50

Bloody nice once 8-) congrats on resolving your issue and enjoy your mode

Return to “MODE Discussion”