NooNaN

Sega CDs Won't Boot

19 Oct 2020, 15:05

Hey Guys,

I've had the MegaSD for some time and all has been good. I picked it up again yesterday and found that Sega CDs won't load. They revert back to the CD console once selected. I've tried moving one into the root directory with the same result. All my settings in the MegaSD are correct, the BIOS is working fine and my MegaSG settings are good too. I tested on my Nomad to be sure it was the MegaSD with the issue and got the same result.

If anyone has suggestions, I'd really appreciate it. Todd - I'm not sure how to log a formal issue, but let me know if I'm not missing something and still have the issue after any troubleshooting.

Thanks!

Todd
Admin

Re: Sega CDs Won't Boot

26 Oct 2020, 17:23

Can you post a video of what is happening?
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

NooNaN

28 Oct 2020, 22:08

Thanks, Todd. Sorry for the late reply.

https://youtu.be/TbkWl7r0l-k

Todd
Admin

29 Oct 2020, 15:22

What does your folder structure on your SD card look like?
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

NooNaN

30 Oct 2020, 05:29

Here's where it's at now. This is how I've had it set up when working fine. Note that I tried placing a CD game in the root as a test. Same result.

NooNaN

06 Nov 2020, 00:32

For anyone stumbling across this, it was the SD card. Even though it was working fine for months and there was no intervention, somehow it became the problem. After reformatting and copying the same files back, it's now working fine.

Relikk

06 Nov 2020, 18:49

NooNaN wrote:
06 Nov 2020, 00:32
For anyone stumbling across this, it was the SD card. Even though it was working fine for months and there was no intervention, somehow it became the problem. After reformatting and copying the same files back, it's now working fine.

Were you using save states before this happened? Just wondering because I had a problem with my SD card a few months ago and it only seemed to happen after I started using save states for one game. Nothing seemed to be wrong while the card was still in the MegaSD but when I connected it to my PC to add something to the card after that something corrupted the file table and I had to reformat.

Return to “MegaSD Discussion”