MrJayRetro

No Sound when loading save states?...

04 Jul 2020, 12:37

Hey there, I’m having an issue that after using a save state on a megadrive/genesis game the music and sounds just disappear when I try to continue the game, the same is the case if I reload the save to continue play. I’m not sure what’s the issue here because there’s no point in me using the save states if it means I have to play the rest of the game in silence.

Can anyone let me know if there’s a fix for this?

Many thanks.

Gummy Bear

Re: No Sound when loading save states?...

05 Jul 2020, 10:20

There is no fix for this.
Using savestates on real hardware will always have this issue due to the way the sound hardware works.
Some games will be silent, some will regain music after a level transition etc.

Todd
Admin

05 Jul 2020, 12:01

One thing you can try is to pause the game prior to creating a save state. That way the audio is paused already and typically will resume after being unpaused.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

MrJayRetro

07 Jul 2020, 12:30

Todd wrote:
05 Jul 2020, 12:01
One thing you can try is to pause the game prior to creating a save state. That way the audio is paused already and typically will resume after being unpaused.
Thanks for the tip 👍

Oingo87

07 Jul 2020, 15:59

Hey all. Whenever I pull up the I game menu because I’m pressing the start the game pauses or unpauses depending. Is there any way to change the in game menu button combo so I can more accurately pause the game to help with save states? What I’m doing now is pressing up and start and then typically the game will pause. Just curious. Thanks!

Return to “MegaSD Discussion”