ultpaladin

Getting Emulator Saves to work on Mega SD

05 Jan 2020, 00:59

I have some Kega Fusion files for Shining Force and Vay and I was wondering if it was possible to get them to work on the Mega SD. When I looked at the backup folder on the Mega SD, it looks like each game had a .bak and a .srm file. I'm guessing the first one is like the memory that came on the actual Sega CD system while the second is like the memory cartridges that were larger in size. Am I right about that?

On Kega Fusion there are .crm files that emulate the cartridge while .brm seems to be the on board memory. I've tried renaming the file to the ones produced by the Mega SD, but it does not seem to work. Could this be related to the size of the files created and that the Mega SD would only recognize files that are the same size that it creates?

chrisw80

Re: Getting Emulator Saves to work on Mega SD

03 Mar 2020, 02:39

Would like to get this solved as well. Want to use the brm from this link.

https://tcrf.net/Lunar:_Eternal_Blue

chrisw80

19 Aug 2020, 21:04

Anyone figure this out? Would really like to see a tool that would just support all formats and carts. It's ridiculous you get punished switching from carts and emulators. Everyone should just support whatever the native format is.

conango

26 Aug 2020, 02:02

I'd like to figure out the reverse way as yours, wanna got megasd save file working on emulator...
Does anyone have ideas?

Return to “MegaSD Discussion”