Todd
Admin

MegaSD CartDBManagerMD Screenshot tool now open source!

25 Oct 2019, 15:56

As promised, we have released the CartDBManagerMD for MegaSD as open source. This tool allows you to add screenshots to the little TV in the MegaSD interface and add Year/genre info as well.

Find it at our github: https://github.com/Terraonion-dev/GameDBManagerMD

More open source code to be released in the future!
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Riz

Re: MegaSD CartDBManagerMD Screenshot tool now open source!

30 Oct 2019, 18:03

Hugo on the discord channel provided a set of png’s for those not looking to put in the time to do the images.

Aschram

31 Oct 2019, 08:53

Hey Riz, i'm on the terraonion discord but i don't find

EDIT: Ok find :)

Metro City

10 Nov 2019, 18:57

Why in spite of having compiled the db managers, in some I don't see the photo or the genre doesn't appear?
it's possible modify game.dbs? thk

Awesome

13 Nov 2019, 23:19

Hi,

So I ripped my copy of Amazing Spider-Man vs the Kingpin for Sega CD! I left two versions one with custom sound the other one that uses the original tunes. I downloaded a pre-compiled tile and picture set along side the manager executable. I used the stock screenshot that came with the pre-made cart manager for the normal US version of SpideyvKingpin. I created a another separate screenshot using the same version of the game but with custom sounds installed in a different folder in a parallel directory. In order for the pic to display I made certain it's 64x40 with a 16 bit color palette! I added the title, date, and genre in the DB manager but the program refused to generate me a new TileCache for this game. What am I missing?

In layman's terms my question is, would it be possible to generate a new tile for pre-existing versions of these games say, Sonic CD if I decided to make a separate folder for that will it also allow me to apply a new tile? If this isn't possible for the same version is there a way to trick the system into thinking it's a different version to apply different screenshots and tiles?
:D :) ;) :( :o :shock: :? 8-) :lol: :x :P :oops: :cry: :evil: :roll: :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :mrgreen: :geek: :ugeek:

yoshi41

15 Nov 2019, 15:10

I wrote a Perl script to automatically generate a db.xml database for No-Intro ROMs with corresponding No-Intro screenshots.

The result is a database with about 2000 tiles, one for in-game and one for title screenshots. No manual work at all. 8-)

https://drive.google.com/file/d/140U95v ... sp=sharing

It contains tiles for MS, MD and a few GG games. No SCD games and information about year and genre. Please check the readme for instructions and details.

Have fun with Terraonion TV. :D

PS: I had a couple of issues with CartDBManagerMD. Scanning Roms in a directory with more than 1000 crashes the program. And scanning the root directory does not generate all required games.dbs files. I ended up scanning each individual ROM subdirectory separately. It's also mentioned in the readme.

Todd
Admin

15 Nov 2019, 15:20

Awesome!

Thanks for the contribution!
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

neodev

15 Nov 2019, 15:38

The game.db only has enough space for 1024 CRCs, that is also the file count limit in megasd menu, so scanning a folder with over 1024 roms will crash gamedbmanager due to out of range indices.

yoshi41

16 Nov 2019, 16:28

Trying to add cue files to my script, but I struggle with the CRC generation. If I understand the readme correctly, the first 56 chars of the upper case cue file name are used.

print sprintf("%x\n",crc32("3 NINJAS KICK BACK (USA).CUE"));

My code gives a CRC of "872B8010", but the GameDbManagerMD.exe generates "75A06E60" for this cue file.

What I'm doing wrong? :?

Thanks

hugo19941994

18 Nov 2019, 22:33

yoshi41 wrote:
16 Nov 2019, 16:28
What I'm doing wrong? :?

Read the cue file and get the name of the first track. Open that bin file, skip 16 bytes and read the next 2048 bytes. Compute the CRC32 of the read values.

Check out how the GameDBManager does it, or how I did it in Python

BTW, over on the Discord I shared another pre-built DB with the help of flamepanther: DB.zip

Return to “MegaSD Discussion”