GameLifter

Re: Play Game Gear Games on a Mega SG with Mega SD? Possible?

24 Sep 2019, 16:35

Drunk_Caterpillar wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 09:04
If you want to play GG on the MegaSG why not just use the jailbreak firmwares? It works perfectly.
I'm still kind of iffy on the jailbreak firmware but I may end up doing it anyway.

flamepanther

25 Sep 2019, 20:27

GameLifter wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 16:35
Drunk_Caterpillar wrote:
24 Sep 2019, 09:04
If you want to play GG on the MegaSG why not just use the jailbreak firmwares? It works perfectly.
I'm still kind of iffy on the jailbreak firmware but I may end up doing it anyway.
It's just the official firmware with extra features, and no more risky than any other firmware update. That's true on more than one level even, since it's basically an open secret who is actually making it.

Alternatively, if TerraOnion isn't able to implement support for GG on Mega Sg, you could get Analogue's GG adapter and a GG Everdrive. Jailbreak would be simpler though.

MHzBurglar

04 Oct 2019, 22:56

While it's not directly playing the Game Gear roms themselves, there are many Game Gear ROMS which have been converted to be playable on the Sega Master System, which the Genesis/Mega SG does natively supports.

The folks over at SMSPower.org have a nice repository of GG-to-SMS conversion patches that have been developed over the years for various games.

Not every Game Gear exclusive is available, as each game needs its own special re-work/hacks to account for the increase in screen resolution, decrease in color palette, and how to handle the GG 'Start' button, but the majority of conversions that have been done are fantastic.

Return to “MegaSD Discussion”