ArinoCX

Feature Requests

31 Aug 2019, 06:04

Just got mine through, pretty amazing to play Mega CD games with no big black plastic box under my Mega Drive :)

I have a couple of feature requests, but these are just my suggestions, please chime in if anyone else agrees

- Could a "Recently Used" list be added to show last 10 or show games used? Similar to the one on the Everdrive, I found it very useful

- Is it possible to remove the table from under the TV on the menu screen? Its pretty annoying to have the last couple of lines of text blocked off by the TV - removing the table would bring the TV down so it wont block any of the rom list. Or even an option in the menu to remove the TV altogether....

Also - my Megadrive gets noticeably warm when using the Mega SD (not with normal carts) - is this expected?

Cheers

Gummy Bear

Re: Feature Requests

02 Sep 2019, 10:06

ArinoCX wrote: Also - my Megadrive gets noticeably warm when using the Mega SD (not with normal carts) - is this expected?
I can answer this one.
The only thing in your Megadrive that generates heat are the power regulators. The more power that is consumed, the more heat they create.

The Mega SD draws more power than the average cart, hence the higher temp of the regulators.

Everything is well within tolerance though, so you have nothing to worry about.
The maximum operating temperature of those regulators is like 180°C!

Metro City

03 Sep 2019, 09:46

Is there any solution, software or hardware to make it work with the connected 32x?

Mr_Boo_Berry

03 Sep 2019, 16:47

CD games? Nope, the 32X physically lacks the support to get CD (or SMS) games working through it.

ArinoCX

08 Sep 2019, 00:50

Gummy Bear wrote:
02 Sep 2019, 10:06
ArinoCX wrote: Also - my Megadrive gets noticeably warm when using the Mega SD (not with normal carts) - is this expected?
I can answer this one.
The only thing in your Megadrive that generates heat are the power regulators. The more power that is consumed, the more heat they create.

The Mega SD draws more power than the average cart, hence the higher temp of the regulators.

Everything is well within tolerance though, so you have nothing to worry about.
The maximum operating temperature of those regulators is like 180°C!

I remember reading the Mega SD draws less power than an original Virtua Racing cart - I dont remember that causing my MD to heat up so much. I hope you are correct, will be gutted if it causes my MD to die :?

@Anyone from TO - are you guys considering feature requests yet or still concentrating on bug fixes? A Recently Used rom list would be sick!

Cheers

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”