Far327

Playing CD games with 32X attached

08 Aug 2019, 16:13

Terraonion,

First, I would like to thank you for the wonderful products you have created. I am a happy owner of NeoSD MVS, Super SD System 3 and now Mega SD

During the Terraonion Mega SD reveal video. I was left with the impression that CD games could be played while a 32X was attached. I understood it as only the 6 Sega CD+32X games were unsupported currently. Now having tested my own Mega SD with the 32X attached. It is clear that we cannot load CD games while the 32X is attached.

As disappointing as this is. I am still hopeful that the MSDEXP adapter will be produced.

Are you able to provide any details for this adapter?
I would prefer to go the adapter route vs constantly adding and removing the 32X. Would hate to wear out the components.

Thank you for the great work you do! And most of all, sharing that work with us!

Loukey

Re: Playing CD games with 32X attached

08 Aug 2019, 16:53

I would also like to express my support for production of the MSDEXP. I understand it wouldn’t be fruitful to produce these unless it’s clear there is enough interest, so I’d like to express that interest!

If the decision is made that there is not enough interest to sell those expansion adapters, it would be great if you released the rough schematics so that those of us so inclined could pursue making them for ourselves.

Thanks for the innovative products! :D

samson7point1

08 Aug 2019, 19:53

Just want to throw my support in for the adapter as well. I think it's cool that we can play Sega CD games with just the cart slot, but I would very much prefer just plugging the MegaSD into the expansion slot.

It It looks like it's probably a little more complicated than just matching pins. It seems like the expansion slot is missing some off the address lines (A20-A23) and a handful of other connections available to the cart slot.

Far327

09 Aug 2019, 18:19

Just wanted to link to a separate thread regarding 32X compatibility with CD games. Looks like most of our concerns have been addressed already. Todd and others likely dont have the time to respond to every question. Perhaps its best to bring any additional questions to this other topic

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=991&start=20

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”