LamDierg

Re: All shipping related issues READ THIS!!!

14 Aug 2019, 18:47

I appreciate the update, but it sounds like Terraonion either didn't do their research on logistics prior to the move or they did and saw this as an acceptable outcome. I don't think anyone was expecting free 2-day shipping or anything but come on. You can't charge 18 euro for shipping, attach "2-4 days" to the option and then have this happen.

Mobiusstriptech

15 Aug 2019, 06:01

Todd wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 17:31
Decoryah wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 15:38
"My experience of shopping from Terranonion and shipping via DHL:
~ wed 17 juli 16:09 ~ Terranonion sends me two emails - one that the paypal money has been accepted and one that my order has been confirmed @ €250.
~ sun 11 aug. 13:02 ~ Terraonion sends me an email with shipping information
SEVILLA - SPAIN - 16:22 - monday - August, 12 2019 ~ Shipment fetched *
~ mon 12 aug. 16:27 ~ sms recieved from DHL ~ They want me to go to their website to decide where shipment should arrive (at my home or at my local postage office) - I select local postage office as I'm working during delivery hours usually.
~ mon 12 aug. 21:55 ~ Terraonion sends me an email that package has been shipped
LEIPZIG - GERMANY - 02:07 - tuesday - Augusti, 13 2019 ~ Shipment arrived at DHL sort station *
ARLANDA - SWEDEN - 13:22 - wednesday - Augusti, 14 2019 ~ Out for delivery *
~ wed 14th 14:21 ~ sms recieved from DHL ~ Package ready to be fetched.

* was read from the dhl tracking webpage

As Spain is in EU, we do not have any customs taxes which is lovely."

This was posted by someone on Shmups forums. So are some people getting their package shipped from Andorra getting hit by custom charges and others from Spain without any of it? Also why is this person getting package already when he/she has ordered the product month later than early adopters who are many still waiting?

We don´t accept paypal, never have accepted paypal and we don´t have plans to accept paypal. So I am not sure what that buyer is referring to.

I would need an order number or tracking number to understand what that person is talking about. Maybe they are confusing us with someone else or something.

No orders have been shipped from outside Andorra. We don´t fake invoices, or declare a lesser amount on the customs form (DHL requires full value), or ship packets from Spain to avoid your country taxing you.

Also, we are shipping orders in the order they are received. However once they get to customs they process them in whatever order they like. We have tried to label the packages in a way that customs will process them in the correct order, but ultimately we don't have any control over what order they do them in.

LamDierg wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 17:01

Same here, and I placed my order on June 17th. As far as DHL is concered, my tracking number doesn't exist. Hilariously, The NeoSD MVS I ordered on July 23rd does have a tracking number DHL is aware of. The NeoSD also hasn't left Andorra mind you, but at least it's tracking number is active. What a farce.
What is your order/tracking number for the MegaSD?

The guy amended his post to say that it was actually a retrotink 2x he bought from someone. Not anything from TerraOnion. He of course left the post up for posterity. But it just adds to the narrative being perpetuated.

Todd
Admin

15 Aug 2019, 06:32

lol that’s some confusion.

Pablo

15 Aug 2019, 12:30

Todd wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 06:32
lol that’s some confusion.
Terraonion - I am asking you a direct question. Will you cover customs charges for EU customers who pre-ordered in June? Yes or no.

Mr_Boo_Berry

15 Aug 2019, 13:45

I wouldn't be that surprised if the answer is a hard no. VAT/import duties are typically up to the customer importing the good(s) and the amount of import duties depends on the country. The move to Andorra was announced several months before the MegaSD announcement, but I guess some people didn't get the memo or didn't realize Andorra isn't part of the EU. If you think that's unacceptable, just deny delivery and have it sent back, plain and simple.

Honestly, paying some import duties is a small price to pay considering the many hours of enjoyment you can expect from the MegaSD.

Pablo

15 Aug 2019, 14:41

Mr_Boo_Berry wrote:
I wouldn't be that surprised if the answer is a hard no. VAT/import duties are typically up to the customer importing the good(s) and the amount of import duties depends on the country. The move to Andorra was announced several months before the MegaSD announcement, but I guess some people didn't get the memo or didn't realize Andorra isn't part of the EU. If you think that's unacceptable, just deny delivery and have it sent back, plain and simple.

Honestly, paying some import duties is a small price to pay considering the many hours of enjoyment you can expect from the MegaSD.
My question is for Terraonion to give an official reply on. Andorra was not mentioned on the website when ordering on 17th June. They later referenced some statements on Twitter and Discord, which isn’t good enough.

We can argue around the legaility of what Terraonion can get away with, but combined with the awful shipping issues it all adds up to a terrible experience for the customer.

derFunkenstein

15 Aug 2019, 16:20

LamDierg wrote:
14 Aug 2019, 18:47
I appreciate the update, but it sounds like Terraonion either didn't do their research on logistics prior to the move or they did and saw this as an acceptable outcome. I don't think anyone was expecting free 2-day shipping or anything but come on. You can't charge 18 euro for shipping, attach "2-4 days" to the option and then have this happen.
I griped on Twitter in a thread not even mentioning TerraOnion and Alex chimed in. He claimed to be surprised by everything that happened. This whole Twitter thread is full of :?: :?: :?: :?:

Kev79

15 Aug 2019, 16:21

Mr_Boo_Berry wrote:

Of course it will be hard no and usually I would be fine with paying VAT/import fees when I am import something. The difference is, when I imported my Analouge consoles, Everdrives, GScartSW etc. I knew that I have to pay it and could factor it into the buying decision.

The fact is: buyers were not informed on the order page about the move to Andorra and this would result in additional import fees for EU customers. That is the big issue here. Denying delivery and hoping you get your money back from these crooks is not really an option. Terraonion have demonstrated again and again that they are unreliable and don't care about their customers once they got your money.

samson7point1

15 Aug 2019, 16:58

Kev79 wrote:
15 Aug 2019, 16:21
Mr_Boo_Berry wrote:

Of course it will be hard no and usually I would be fine with paying VAT/import fees when I am import something. The difference is, when I imported my Analouge consoles, Everdrives, GScartSW etc. I knew that I have to pay it and could factor it into the buying decision.

The fact is: buyers were not informed on the order page about the move to Andorra and this would result in additional import fees for EU customers. That is the big issue here. Denying delivery and hoping you get your money back from these crooks is not really an option. Terraonion have demonstrated again and again that they are unreliable and don't care about their customers once they got your money.
I think they were naive if they didn’t expect backlash over the move to Andorra and subsequent surprise customs charges for those still in the EU. Clearly the relocation was motivated at least in part by Andorra’s tax haven status. Maybe they did anticipate backlash and just figured it is what it is and people will just have to get over it. But none of that equates to them not caring about their customers once they have their money. The drama over the SSDS3 ended in them making several redesigns, absorbing losses in order to do exchanges, engaging several outside experts and staying engaged with customers who were outright verbally abusive. That is not the behavior of a cut and run company. Don’t misunderstand me - I think it’s terrible that they stuck so many people with undisclosed customs charges and then had the audacity to blame the victim’s country as though THAT was the part of the equation that changed, however let’s constrain our criticism to the facts. There’s no indication whatsoever that they don’t fully intend to support and warranty their product with both repairs and no-cost firmware upgrades.

derFunkenstein

15 Aug 2019, 22:02

Or just charge VAT on European orders so that EU customers pay the same as everyone else. Videogameperfection managed to do that with the OSSC.

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”