Lord Karnage

Re: All shipping related issues READ THIS!!!

07 Aug 2019, 20:42

This launch of Mega SD has not gone very smoothly but it's not like Terraonion intentionally shipped out multiple packages knowing there would be delays at customs.

As for the added customs charge for the EU customer's. It should be the seller's responsibility to have any additional taxes known to the buyer upfront. Sending out orders without notifying buyers in advance was honestly a scummy thing to do, but this can be rectified by letting future buyers know on the store page in advance of any possible additional fees for their respective country.

I have always ordered Terraonion's products at launch and have personally never had a problem until the Mega SD.

This was the first time they have had some hiccups with shipping but I think some patience and understanding is needed from customers until they figure out future orders.

I am sure they will learn from this and will hopefully try to avoid any future mistakes or surprises.

Nestrak

07 Aug 2019, 21:01

This was a more than questionable procedure, the change of the registered office should have been pointed out in the checkout process. Cancel my order KBIGMATIK and send me my money back. I've sent you also an mail. That's no way to do business - I don't need any more products from you.

Badtaste

07 Aug 2019, 21:41

keropi wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 15:57
I would just be happy at this point with an option for using the national postal service instead of DHL. I am not in the mood to play at least 92e+VAT (hoping that 92e does not have vat on top or there are no other charges) when I can pay 15e+VAT with the national postal service.

I am a customer of TO but do not follow on twitter or whatever , I agree it should be stated that Andorra is not a part of EU and that taxes apply. I won't lie I thought it was a Spanish region :lol:

I asked Alex about the customs thing via Twitter (I was seeing this coming). I received no answer.

Krikzz also sends from outside EU (Ukraine) and I bought 3 carts (november 18) I did not have to pay any customs or vat (to Spain)
Last edited by Badtaste on 16 Aug 2019, 19:04, edited 1 time in total.

Pablo

07 Aug 2019, 21:49

Pretty sure the undisclosed custom fees issue is going to be picked up by the mainstream gaming media if this is left unaddressed.

AndiBcool

08 Aug 2019, 01:57

Hey you guys at Terraonion. At the moment you earn a lot negative feedback on serveral forums with your movement and shipping story.

I mean its up to you what you do, but you turn customers away.

Actually its better for most european customers if you ship from spain and add the VAT to the final price.
Its way better then having extra charges at cutoms and additional shipping fees for doin customs from DHL.

On a side note you might need a CE sign on your products now if you ship from outside of the EU.
I know cutoms may hold and send back products without a CE sign.

Also send ins for repairs will be a lot more expensive and will also cause trouble again when you send the repaired items back.

Actually its your business, but i saw serveral posts of people wanting to chancel the order or regret ordering.
A lot ppl also said they wont order in future just because it gets to expensive or just because of this drama.

I mean its to late now anyway, but you should have sent preorders from spain while your where still located there and received the. Preorders after movement you can ship the way you do now, but it should have been stated that for EU people is now with Import trouble/costs.
If this was not the case thouse preorders should have been shipped from spain aswell.

Tofana10am

08 Aug 2019, 09:12

Todd, et al,

Perhaps this discussion should be taking place in a more public forum (e.g. Twitter) to increase awareness for future customers rather than inside a terraonion sub-forum focused on shipping delays for this most recent batch. There appears to be more going on here than just delays. The problem is now well understood. Time to “own it”. Make amends to those affected (build good will), and implement suitable changes in the check-out process for purchases here on out.

All the interest you’ve garnered from your recent Mega-SG launch could easily be washed away by poor business practices that seem to be playing out currently. If a small company is to grow, it needs to invest in forward facing PR that covers the entire sales cycle (Development, Advertisement, POS Experience, Delivery, and Customer Support). That is not a part time job.

Transparency is Critical. The desire is to get out in front of a problem before your customers set the narrative.

I am awaiting how this is handled before deciding to purchase more from Terraonion. Hopefully my faith is not misplaced.

Pablo

08 Aug 2019, 10:28

Tofana10am wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 09:12
Todd, et al,

Perhaps this discussion should be taking place in a more public forum (e.g. Twitter) to increase awareness for future customers rather than inside a terraonion sub-forum focused on shipping delays for this most recent batch. There appears to be more going on here than just delays. The problem is now well understood. Time to “own it”. Make amends to those affected (build good will), and implement suitable changes in the check-out process for purchases here on out.

All the interest you’ve garnered from your recent Mega-SG launch could easily be washed away by poor business practices that seem to be playing out currently. If a small company is to grow, it needs to invest in forward facing PR that covers the entire sales cycle (Development, Advertisement, POS Experience, Delivery, and Customer Support). That is not a part time job.

Transparency is Critical. The desire is to get out in front of a problem before your customers set the narrative.

I am awaiting how this is handled before deciding to purchase more from Terraonion. Hopefully my faith is not misplaced.
Agreed.

Hesterfu

08 Aug 2019, 20:17

Thanks for ignoring me... here i go again....

Thanks for the update, i got my email notification yesterday and nop, DHL is not showing any status, now i know why ;)

The only thing is bugging me is that on the link you provided on the email i dont see any tracking number at all, i only see this:

https://www.dhl.es/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=3_DIGIT_NUMBER

I dont think thats a real tracking number at all, in fact when i go to that link, i get a very precise error:

Invalid Input
Input 1 is not a valid waybill or piece identifier number.

Am i missing anything??

Thanks!

Hesterfu

08 Aug 2019, 20:23

As for the custom fees, i will tell my case.

I live in Mexico....
2 years ago, i ordered the Super SD System 3, which costed me $6,340 (mexican pesos), and i had to pay to UPS $1,920 (Mexican pesos) so they can deliver it to me.

Thats **** 30% more.

Never happened this to me before, i have ordered stuff from Krikkz and other European sellers before, and NEVER had to pay these ridiculously expensive fees.

RobertTwinings

09 Aug 2019, 02:20

Hesterfu wrote:
08 Aug 2019, 20:17
Thanks for ignoring me... here i go again....

Thanks for the update, i got my email notification yesterday and nop, DHL is not showing any status, now i know why ;)

The only thing is bugging me is that on the link you provided on the email i dont see any tracking number at all, i only see this:

https://www.dhl.es/en/express/tracking. ... GIT_NUMBER

I dont think thats a real tracking number at all, in fact when i go to that link, i get a very precise error:

Invalid Input
Input 1 is not a valid waybill or piece identifier number.

Am i missing anything??

Thanks!
I'm in the same boat as you...
If you read the posts from Todd, The "post office" is overrun by all those parcels from Terraonion.
So don't expect your order very soon. in 2 or 3 weeks.. that's a joke, I know.....
Andorra is a "principality" .. not really a country. The currency is Euro (and believe me there a nice traffic of alcohol and cigarettes due to low VAT...) but Andorra is not part of UE !!
If you live out of UE , you don't care, it doesn't change anything for you (USA, china, Japan) regarding import taxes, for example, ... but if you live in UE..
(it's my case..) be ready for some serious Import taxes !
Enjoy your financial optimization in Andorra, Terraonion... Your customers aren't really happy now.....

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”