Pupil

Re: All shipping related issues READ THIS!!!

12 Sep 2019, 18:33

Very happy to say the my tracking number us now live and I look forward to recieving the Mega SD in the near future!

For those who are curious, I placed my order on July 31st of this year.

mikeyvids

12 Sep 2019, 19:39

Hey gang,

Circling back. I placed my order August 12 EKICQKRET . I received DHL tracking number that has yet to be active. Curious if you know when that batch will ship. Eagerly and patiently awaiting to get my hands on this awesome product (and birthday gift to myself).

Many thanks,
m

joiner

12 Sep 2019, 19:40

My DHL postal code was processed six days later. Estimated delivery time is September 25th. Hallelujah !!!

acidrain97

13 Sep 2019, 02:32

After waiting a month and a half FINALLY got it today. This thing actually EXISTS! Upgraded the firmware, played virtua racing and God Damn it works.... Figured out the Sega Cd stuff and working awesome on my analogue just fine.

I'm confused on one thing, if you have a real Genesis with the 32x add-on do you need that adapter (can't remember the name of it) to play cd rom games?

thanx

Pupil

13 Sep 2019, 03:11

acidrain97 wrote:
After waiting a month and a half FINALLY got it today. This thing actually EXISTS! Upgraded the firmware, played virtua racing and God Damn it works.... Figured out the Sega Cd stuff and working awesome on my analogue just fine.

I'm confused on one thing, if you have a real Genesis with the 32x add-on do you need that adapter (can't remember the name of it) to play cd rom games?

thanx
yes I believe it's called MSDEXP and you need it to play 32x CD games. But you can always remove the 32x to play regular Sega CD games. I don't know when this adapter comes out or what it even looks like though,

Mblack1

13 Sep 2019, 09:52

Pupil wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 03:11
acidrain97 wrote:

thanx
yes I believe it's called MSDEXP and you need it to play 32x CD games. But you can always remove the 32x to play regular Sega CD games. I don't know when this adapter comes out or what it even looks like though,
I'm curious to know what happens if we use the MSDEXP with the megasd on the megacd port and the 32X with an everdrive at the same time ? we will able to use only the megasd or both the megasd and the everdrive ?

sam

13 Sep 2019, 11:10

Mine got delivered this morning, 3 days early.

The units are coming through, just sit tight.

Can't wait to try it. Thanks Terraonion.

Flashman

13 Sep 2019, 12:13

Yeah, got mine on Monday (totally no warning from DHL just showed up, luckily my wife was home to take it in) They hit me with the £56.00 tax, but meh, as it happens I got a surprise tax rebate of £82.00 in the post last weekend, so it’s kind of hard to be mad about that anymore, just given 3 quarters back to the government :lol:

Props to TO, the product itself is great, I updated the firmware and got Virtual Racing going too, the Sega CD stuff took a bit of tinkering to figure out but I got there in the end and that is all fine as well.

I’ve been kind of angry on the forum (and the EU tax thing does still kind of grind my gears a little) but end of the day I realise a lot of this was just stressing about it arriving at all. It’s a good product and was worth the wait.

I’ll still stick around here, thought might not compulsively check every day now.

Cheers!

Pablo

13 Sep 2019, 12:19

I probably would have settled for an apology on the undisclosed 25% customs fee to EU customers and let the £55 slide.

However, due to Terraonion’s terrible attitude I’ve filed a complaint with the Spanish tax authority Agencia Tributaria.

Flashman

13 Sep 2019, 12:29

Pablo wrote:
13 Sep 2019, 12:19
I probably would have settled for an apology on the undisclosed 25% customs fee to EU customers and let the £55 slide.

However, due to Terraonion’s terrible attitude I’ve filed a complaint with the Spanish tax authority Agencia Tributaria.
Some sort of acknowledgment would have been nice, I know for a fact when I researched TO before ordering there was no mention of Andorra and so it was either very well hidden (like one twitter post) or it hadn’t happened yet, and I’m pretty sure when I pre-ordered it said shipped tax free from Spain, however I didn’t do a screen grab or anything so I’ve no proof or am 100% sure this was the case - opinion on the matter seems divided. Anyway life’s too short to think about it.

I will say if I want another TO product I’ll be quite hesitant to order from TO itself again, I’ll probably just wait till Retro Towers or Stone Age Gamer get hold of it and purchase it from them.

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”