Todd
Admin

Re: All shipping related issues READ THIS!!!

07 Aug 2019, 15:30

I am sorry you guys felt you weren't properly informed of the company moving from Spain to Andorra.

But in our defense we had mentioned it on this forum several times, on Twitter, in Discord and even the press release for MegaSD specifically stated Andorra.

frenskefrens

07 Aug 2019, 15:36

Todd wrote:
I am sorry you guys felt you weren't properly informed of the company moving from Spain to Andorra.

But in our defense we had mentioned it on this forum several times, on Twitter, in Discord and even the press release for MegaSD specifically stated Andorra.
Not an excuse, should have been mentioned on your website and order page.

Pablo

07 Aug 2019, 15:44

Todd wrote:

Twitter posts are not adequate for disclosing additional charges which apply to all orders. Clearly all customers in the EU were not expecting the charge. This should have been communicated during checkout.

My earlier post about Terraonion refunding the customs charge wasn’t hypothetical - I have a MegaSD order in process with DHL. Otherwise details on how to cancel and refund would be appreciated. Thanks

supneo

07 Aug 2019, 15:47

Hello, I found out about this customs and that I would surely pay when I arrived in Spain and immediately called my lawyers to ask if this was legal not to warn of the customs tax, well the answer was that in all electronic commerce has to be specified that tax on the purchase page, ebay warns of that tax and even aliexpres, why not Terraonion? Why do I have to pay something I didn't have on record? My lawyers told me to claim this amount to the store and that if it refuses to file a complaint against the e-commerce for non-compliance with information for that tax not specified on the page.

keropi

07 Aug 2019, 15:57

I would just be happy at this point with an option for using the national postal service instead of DHL. I am not in the mood to play at least 92e+VAT (hoping that 92e does not have vat on top or there are no other charges) when I can pay 15e+VAT with the national postal service.

I am a customer of TO but do not follow on twitter or whatever , I agree it should be stated that Andorra is not a part of EU and that taxes apply. I won't lie I thought it was a Spanish region :lol:

supneo

07 Aug 2019, 16:10

When I sell something the responsibility falls all over me and if I shit then I endure and I take responsibility, terraonion would have to admit the shit and solve this problem, buyers are not to blame for this error and we do not have to pay this , previously I bought for the pc engine and did not pay anything, because I have to pay something that is not communicated to me, if it is communicated to me then either I buy it or I do not buy it, depending on whether I think the price is right or not but so suddenly have to pay a thing that we have not been warned I think very bad.

supneo

07 Aug 2019, 16:15

Todd wrote:

is not an excuse, according to the law that information must be provided on the page of the sale, your page does not warn of anything and then the buyer is with the surprise.

and then the shipment, 18€ for a shipment that may take about 4 weeks? but are we crazy? Things don't get that way, what a mess.

for my part I can demonstrate that neither in the page nor even in the invoice the client is warned of this extra payment that will have to pay, and if I have to claim it are already tired of having to pay the errors of others.

Since you want people to trust our store if you don't do things right, people may fall once but the next time they will think about buying more items from our store.

I'm sorry but these things make me very angry, the money costs a lot to earn and does not fall from the sky.

AlexUnderBase

07 Aug 2019, 17:37

RobertTwinings wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 15:25
AlexUnderBase wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 12:32
keropi wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 09:38
So what's the deal now? Customers based in the EU will pay taxes to DHL? :?:
I think will be no way to escape without paying the customs fees after the clearence procedures [over 52 Euros (in my case is 19% VAT + 2% customs fees) + 18 Euros = over 70 Euros + 232 will incrase over 300 € for MegaSD cartridge] . Not cool at all because nobody knows that when the preorder was placed :cry: ... but in my case , i must wait to see what invoice the DHL custom worker will send me. Maybe,i'm lucky as fewer guys were when they took this great piece without paying nothing in plus besides 18 Euros shipping costs.
Oh don't worry ... Sadly you will pay imports charges !
My last experience with .. FEDEX was bad : they don't ask you for money at your door, when they deliver the parcel...... but they will send you an invoice few days after. What I really didn't like at all was the split of charges : 22.30 EUR import charges +.... 30 EUR for "administrative fees" (for FEDEX, of course...) !! :evil:
Like automatic administrative task was that complicate (everything is done by computers, nowadays .. I know because I used to work in Transport and logistics)
The last solution is to use "national shipping company" correos, USPS, La Poste, .... "sometimes" you can "escape" to import taxes.
But with integrators like FEDEX, UPS, DHL..... you will pay import taxes every time ! (which is "normal" .. because it's an importation anyway....).

Frankly I will think twice before buying from Terraonion, regardless of the quality of their products : it's the same thing as - in my case - as buying something from Japan or USA... !
At least I can "win" a little when the conversion between USD and EURO varies.....
Yes ... i was thinking wrong ... wasn't 52 Euros to pay ... only 47 (only VAT , no other taxes applied in my case) + 18 + 232 = 297 € is the final cost for me for MegaSD cartridge. Ok, i understand that you moved in Andorra. What i don't understand was why you don't offer to European Union customers at least the shipping alternative like national shipping company . Give the customers the chance to choose another way for your products . If you wanna know something , "DHL express" is moving like a worm in comparison with the Andorra national shipping post (correos or something like that). When i email on support@terraonion.com you just ask me to give you the DHL AWB. Anyway , i ask you in a private message to do something for me to avoid paying taxes , but you suggest me to send you a message on the support@terraonion.com , but for sure you knew in the end everybody will pay the customs clearence taxes. Not cool at all and i can call this situation a scam one. I wasn't expecting this from you (Todd and Alex) . This is the truth :cry:
SSS3 - MEGASD - SD2SNES rev F - EVERDRIVE-64 v3 - EVERDRIVE N8 Fam - PSIO

supneo

07 Aug 2019, 17:44

I was advised to refuse the package if it arrives at an extra charge and report the case to the authorities for breach of the laws and misinformation to the buyers.

They are a company and they have to take responsibility for the mistakes they have as all companies do.

Gynoug

07 Aug 2019, 18:32

supneo wrote:
07 Aug 2019, 17:44
I was advised to refuse the package if it arrives at an extra charge and report the case to the authorities for breach of the laws and misinformation to the buyers.

They are a company and they have to take responsibility for the mistakes they have as all companies do.
Check the pictures in this forum https://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_terraon ... 38016_s400

I'll do the same, to refuse the parcel. But I hope I can cancel my order since mine hasn't been shipped yet and I wrote an email begging for a cancelation. Hope they listen to it.

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”