Reecetafarian

Re: All shipping related issues READ THIS!!!

06 Sep 2019, 03:09

After almost a month sitting in customs my tracking number is now active!!! :D However I live in Australia so we'll see how much longer it takes to get here. Im expecting 2-3 weeks more. From what I understand I shouldn't have to pay any more fees. Can anyone confirm this?

Todd
Admin

06 Sep 2019, 03:20

Reecetafarian wrote:
After almost a month sitting in customs my tracking number is now active!!! :D However I live in Australia so we'll see how much longer it takes to get here. Im expecting 2-3 weeks more. From what I understand I shouldn't have to pay any more fees. Can anyone confirm this?
With DHL it should only take a couple days unless you are way out in the outback.

As far as fees goes, you will have to pay whatever customs/import fees Australia charges on imports.

ArinoCX

06 Sep 2019, 10:18

Reecetafarian wrote:

Mine took 4 days from when it was activated with DHL

You wont get hit with GST/fees (I didnt)

DaveGeorge

06 Sep 2019, 10:26

Well I wasn’t as lucky as I thought I was, got a text from DHL this morning that I owe them €75 in taxes for the package I got yesterday.

That’s €325 for a device that should have been €250 since Terraonion still was located in Spain (or at least didn’t claim anything else) at the time I preordered (July 1).

So, this was the last time I order from Terraonion...
Great products - Rotten customer service.

flex

06 Sep 2019, 13:23

DaveGeorge wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 10:26
Well I wasn’t as lucky as I thought I was, got a text from DHL this morning that I owe them €75 in taxes for the package I got yesterday.

That’s €325 for a device that should have been €250 since Terraonion still was located in Spain (or at least didn’t claim anything else) at the time I preordered (July 1).

So, this was the last time I order from Terraonion...
Great products - Rotten customer service.

That is pretty much how I feel.

Unless there is some sort of offer of compensation for those of us who have been stung with extortionate unexpected import taxes then I will never be ordering another product from Terraonion again and they have therefore lost a customer and I am sure we are not the only ones that feel like this.

All I see so far is responses like this being ignored by the admin / moderator.

It is a real pity as I am very happy and impressed with the device on a technical level.

futurevoid

06 Sep 2019, 14:51

I ordered on 7/25 from the States and it’s now the 6th of September and my DHL tracking number is still not working. It’s hard for me not to worry when I see people who ordered after me getting their tracking numbers up and running as this doesn’t appear to be based on any relevant order.....?

tatsui

06 Sep 2019, 14:55

Todd wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 16:59
tatsui wrote:
05 Sep 2019, 16:46
Moa53 wrote:
04 Sep 2019, 19:09
DHL contacted me to deliver my package. and as expected they announce me taht there are import fees. 75,50€... The problem is that I live in French, and as some people already mentioned here, the import fees should be 67.50 (20% VAT + 17,50 for "administration fees"). I told to the delivery man to put the package in stand by the time I check what's going on.
After calling DHL, they told me that Terronion makered on the delivery ticket "250€ of value + 37,98€ of shipping fees" which means a total of 287,98€ declared to the customs...
Same here (France as well), taxes calculated on a basis of 288€ not 250
Were you the customer that emailed us about that last week?

Has DHL explained where they got that number from? Because our invoices say 250 euros.
Hi,
I think it was me who asked for my invoice :p
Just got a notification from DHL that they will reimburse me for the additional 8€. They mentionned their operator did not notice shipping costs were already reported on the invoice so they apply an additional 38€ fees (that's their process when shipping cost are not reported on the invoice) during custom process.
They have admitted their mistake and will reimburse within few days.

Todd
Admin

06 Sep 2019, 15:15

tatsui wrote:

Hi,
Just got a notification from DHL that they will reimburse me for the additional 8€. They mentionned their operator did not notice shipping costs were already reported on the invoice so they apply an additional 38€ fees (that's their process when shipping cost are not reported on the invoice) during custom process.

Wow. They just assumed 38 Euros shipping?

That's kinda crazy they just made an assumption and especially worrying since the invoice attached to the package very clearly says 18 euros shipping cost.

Moa53

06 Sep 2019, 16:09

Yeah and... well... They are the one in charge of the shipping, so they should know their own prices, no ?

Anyway, who did you contact exactly to get a refund ? Because from my side, they don't really admit that there is a problem... :/

tatsui

06 Sep 2019, 19:36

Todd wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 15:15
tatsui wrote:

Hi,

Wow. They just assumed 38 Euros shipping?

That's kinda crazy they just made an assumption and especially worrying since the invoice attached to the package very clearly says 18 euros shipping cost.
exactly that's insane, in case the shipping costs are missing (or they overlooked it) they assume 38€

Moa53 wrote:
06 Sep 2019, 16:09
Yeah and... well... They are the one in charge of the shipping, so they should know their own prices, no ?

Anyway, who did you contact exactly to get a refund ? Because from my side, they don't really admit that there is a problem... :/
my local dhl office (Lyon) the one who provide me the invoice (you can request an invoice up to 10 days after delivery to acr@dhl.com precising your reference then your local DHL will provide you with the invoice) then I simply answer the email asking for some clarifications about the fact of being charged for 288€ instead of 250 (providing the invoice from terraonion), they agree they have made a mistake, I should be reimbursed in few days, I will keep you updated.

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”