Todd
Admin

All shipping related issues READ THIS!!!

05 Aug 2019, 20:44

Ok folks. I keep posting this in peoples threads, yet no one is really reading this.

So from here on out treat this as the master topic for shipping stuff.

DON'T PANIC! Yes, DHL is usually really quick, but we have a special set of circumstances that are causing this slowdown. Terraonion has moved to Andorra and since DHL doesn't have an office in Andorra, all packages get transported to them for processing. Also, local customs in Andorra are not use to processing a lot of outbound packages for export. They are clearing about 45 per day. So when we drop off several hundred at one time, it takes them multiple days to clear.

After that it goes into the DHL system for processing on it's way.

The bottom line is this: From the time a package "ships" till the time it arrives to you is going to possibly be 2 to 3 weeks. Once we get all of the MegaSD orders shipped, shipping shouldn't be an issue. But for now packages are going to take a while to process.

Don't be alarmed if the package sets in Andorra for a while. That's customs. Don't be alarmed if it sets in DHL for a while. That's normal since the packages have to be transferred to DHL in Spain.

Also if you see shipping exceptions or clearance events: Ignore them. It's processing through DHL.

If your tracking isn't active at first, again, give it some time.

We appreciate your patience.

yoshi41

Re: All shipping related issues READ THIS!!!

05 Aug 2019, 22:49

2-3 weeks for „express shipping“. :lol:

Glad it‘s not eco. :?

You should really talk to DHL. ;)

flatfreddy

05 Aug 2019, 23:36

It's a little bit ridiculous people have been forced to pay 18 Euros for this "Express Shipping", I've been waiting on an order since the 20th of July, initially under the assumption that with 2-4 days shipping it would arrive on the 25th. It took 4(!) days to be processed and then it has been stuck there ever since. :cry:

I understand the delays have been an unexpected side effect of the move but really I would expect some kind of damage control, postage refunds, reducing the postage for any future orders, even just some kind of apology.

18 Euros is frankly pretty shocking for (I'm guessing) a 4 week wait.

Do we yet know if these waiting times will be a permanent thing from now on, or is is just temporary since Terraonion recently moved to Andorra?

Todd
Admin

05 Aug 2019, 23:55

flatfreddy wrote:
It's a little bit ridiculous people have been forced to pay 18 Euros for this "Express Shipping", I've been waiting on an order since the 20th of July, initially under the assumption that with 2-4 days shipping it would arrive on the 25th. It took 4(!) days to be processed and then it has been stuck there ever since. :cry:

I understand the delays have been an unexpected side effect of the move but really I would expect some kind of damage control, postage refunds, reducing the postage for any future orders, even just some kind of apology.

Do we yet know if these waiting times will be a permanent thing from now on, or is is just temporary since Terraonion recently moved to Andorra?
The shop page for the MegaSD states orders ship beginning of August. We announced it on twitter and on this forum.

And these ship times should greatly drop once all the orders clear the system.

flatfreddy

06 Aug 2019, 00:15

Todd wrote:
05 Aug 2019, 23:55
flatfreddy wrote:

The shop page for the MegaSD states orders ship beginning of August. We announced it on twitter and on this forum.

And these ship times should greatly drop once all the orders clear the system.
My bad, I should have said my order was for a Neo SD rather than the Mega SD, my order seems to have been buried under the Mega SD preorders...

I'm not sure exactly when the Mega SD preorders were shipped but I would have thought my order would have been ahead of them since it shipped on the 24th of July?
Or perhaps they all shipped out at the same time on the 24th... :?:

Hesterfu

06 Aug 2019, 04:08

Thanks for the update, i got my email notification yesterday and nop, DHL is not showing any status, now i know why ;)

The only thing is bugging me is that on the link you provided on the email i dont see any tracking number at all, i only see this:

https://www.dhl.es/en/express/tracking.html?AWB=3_DIGIT_NUMBER

I dont think thats a real tracking number at all, in fact when i go to that link, i get a very precise error:

Invalid Input
Input 1 is not a valid waybill or piece identifier number.

Am i missing anything??

Thanks!

mario64

06 Aug 2019, 06:38

Thanks for the update Todd. Given the issues us early adopters are facing it would be good of TO to at least provide partial refunds on shipping cost. We’re clearly not getting express delivery. Please consider doing this as a gesture of good will

keropi

06 Aug 2019, 09:38

So what's the deal now? Customers based in the EU will pay taxes to DHL? :?:

AlexUnderBase

06 Aug 2019, 12:32

keropi wrote:
06 Aug 2019, 09:38
So what's the deal now? Customers based in the EU will pay taxes to DHL? :?:
I think will be no way to escape without paying the customs fees after the clearence procedures [over 52 Euros (in my case is 19% VAT + 2% customs fees) + 18 Euros = over 70 Euros + 232 will incrase over 300 € for MegaSD cartridge] . Not cool at all because nobody knows that when the preorder was placed :cry: ... but in my case , i must wait to see what invoice the DHL custom worker will send me. Maybe,i'm lucky as fewer guys were when they took this great piece without paying nothing in plus besides 18 Euros shipping costs.
SSS3 - MEGASD - SD2SNES rev F - EVERDRIVE-64 v3 - EVERDRIVE N8 Fam - PSIO

jamesjworld

06 Aug 2019, 13:29

Mine has a £55 customs fee to pay. It arrived at my local DHL delivery office in the UK this morning. I phoned them and they said I’ll have to pay before the Mega SD is delivered. What happens now!?

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”