Mr_Boo_Berry

Re: DHL order “payment required” issue

08 Sep 2019, 14:33

Flashman wrote:
07 Sep 2019, 23:25
Old news I’m afraid mate, Terra Onion moved their company operations to Andorra in the interim between the pre-order and the shipping (tax haven for the company but not for the customer)

This is incorrect, they moved the company to Andorra way before the MegaSD was even announced. If I recall correctly it was several months before in at least March.

EDIT: https://terraonion.com/en/blog/terraoni ... n-andorra/

That was posted in early June (a week or two before the MegaSD was announced) and it mentions it was moved two months previous, so April. I think part of the issue is, the Andorra part went over most customer's heads not realizing Andorra isn't part of the EU, thus it'd be subject to import /VAT taxes.

tatsui

08 Sep 2019, 16:19

Mr_Boo_Berry wrote:
Flashman wrote:
Old news I’m afraid mate, Terra Onion moved their company operations to Andorra in the interim between the pre-order and the shipping (tax haven for the company but not for the customer)

This is incorrect, they moved the company to Andorra way before the MegaSD was even announced. If I recall correctly it was several months before in at least March.

That was posted in early June (a week or two before the MegaSD was announced) and it mentions it was moved two months previous, so April. I think part of the issue is, the Andorra part went over most customer's heads not realizing Andorra isn't part of the EU, thus it'd be subject to import /VAT taxes.
it's not June, 8th, it's August, 6th (european date) you can see earlier posts to catch it

Flashman

08 Sep 2019, 19:21

tatsui wrote:
08 Sep 2019, 16:19
Mr_Boo_Berry wrote:
Flashman wrote:

it's not June, 8th, it's August, 6th (european date) you can see earlier posts to catch it
Yup, Europeans do the day then the month first, it’s August 6th that was posted.

Return to “MegaSD General Discussion”