Galron

Re: MegaSD FAQ (Questions and Troubleshooting)

05 Jan 2020, 01:09

Gummy Bear wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 23:20
neodev wrote:
05 Oct 2019, 20:10
There is only a known issue, in marko's football, if it's enabled, there is a line of garbage at the bottom of the loading screens.
Ah that's cool.
Football sucks ass anyway :)
Unless you didn't know, it's a weird platformer game, where the main character Marko can kick around a soccer ball as a weapon.

tgc123

02 Jul 2020, 03:52

I'm having an issue registering my Mega SD to get the firmware update. The registration page insists the product serial number I have input does not exist. I have checked the SN both on the back of the cart and in the system menu; they are both the same. The problem persists no matter how many times I attempt to register. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Todd
Admin

02 Jul 2020, 04:35

If you just received it, we probably need to add the most recent serial numbers to the database.

Check it again in a day or so.
My PMs are disabled. Please send support requests to support(at)terraonion.com.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

Mobiusstriptech

02 Jul 2020, 04:41

tgc123 wrote:
02 Jul 2020, 03:52
I'm having an issue registering my Mega SD to get the firmware update. The registration page insists the product serial number I have input does not exist. I have checked the SN both on the back of the cart and in the system menu; they are both the same. The problem persists no matter how many times I attempt to register. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
You already have the latest firmware. So there is nothing to download anyway.

stardragon2020x

10 Jul 2020, 23:06

I'm attempting to use my MegaSD as a RAM cart replacement with my Sega CD US verson 2 console attached to my Mega SG console. I am told to boot the sega CD hardware from MegaSD I am to load the bios file like a ROM. This results in a freeze at the bios screen. Is there a particular location the bios file has to be in or some other specific instructions that would help me clear this up? I greatly appreciate everything you guys do. Thanks a bunch!
Last edited by stardragon2020x on 10 Jul 2020, 23:37, edited 1 time in total.

Todd
Admin

10 Jul 2020, 23:34

Bios files need to be a folder called Bios.

And disconnect your Sega CD hardware.

For real time assistance, please consider joining our very active Discord server: https://discord.gg/JexuJVW

stardragon2020x

10 Jul 2020, 23:37

Not quite what I was going for. I was trying to use the MegaSD as a Sega CD RAM cart replacement and play my actual CD games.

Todd
Admin

11 Jul 2020, 03:14

Ahhh. Sorry, I missed that part.

neodev

21 Jul 2020, 11:49

There is a problem with certain Megadrive modes where the CD bios replacement doesn't work properly, showing the fixed image.
However, you can force megasd to just do the RAM Cart emulation instead of full cd bios replacement. In order to do so, create a file named the same than the CD bios file you are loading, but ending in .cfg (if you have us_bios_2.00w.bin, name it us_bios_2.00w.cfg) then open with notepad and write
Mapper=2E

then when loading that bios file as a rom in megasd, it will boot using your original CD bios, and megasd will act as just a RAM cart

Elrinth

14 Aug 2020, 00:09

I have the Analogue Mega SG.
I can run with the 32X attached, but no 32X games would boot with the mega sd... any clue?

i am getting a back background and white text, then nothing:
GAME NAME

subsystem 32X
Region - console: us 60 - cart: jue
region fix; none mapper: 0D
NVRAM: None
rom areA: 32M (4 MBytes)
cart serial: my serial

the green light blinks for awhile, the screen sort of resets, then nothing.

EDIT:
My Mega SG was too old firmware. Upgrading to latest made it work!.

To use with OSSC I had to set Mega SG DAC advanced settings: Untick 700mv rgb level for it to get a stable picture and use rgb synch on green. Then set OSSC to second RGsB to work.

Return to “MegaSD Discussion”