furbyxxl

In-Game Menu not possible on original hardware with 32x?

09 Sep 2019, 12:58

When I run the Mega SD on the Mega SG the In-game menu works fine.
However when I run it on my Model1 Japanese Genesis with whatever Bios selected, In-Game menu via Start+up does not work with the 32x connected.
I tried original and retrobit controllers as well as having it attached to and separated from my Model 1 Sega Cd.
I made sure to check the respective options in the menu and updated to the latest firmware but neither the in-game menu nor the in-game reset seems to work on my original hardware when the 32x is attached,no matter if connected bia cable or powered or not. As long as it sits on the model 1 and the mega sd is inserted into the 32x it is not working.
Is this going to be fixed? Because otherwise I have to unplug the 32x every time from my tower of ppower to be able to use in-game "stuff".

thank you in advance!

best regards
Fabian

Riz

Re: In-Game Menu not possible on original hardware with 32x?

09 Sep 2019, 13:07

In game menu is not possible through the 32X. This is due to a hardware limitation of the 32X. Check the manual for more details.

furbyxxl

09 Sep 2019, 14:59

I already assumed it might be something like this although I couldn’t find anything in the manual about it.

Thanks for your answer.
Is it something that can be solved with the MSDEXP Adaptor?

Riz

09 Sep 2019, 15:39

There’s no menu support from the adapter port due to limitations there, but you can play cd games with a 32X attached, including 32X CD. That’s all though, no genesis or sms through that port.

neodev

09 Sep 2019, 17:48

In game menu is not possible with 32x because as it sits between the console bus and the cart bus, it doesn't allow megasd to peek the controller reading and doesn't know when the button combo has been pressed. A solution would be injecting some code that checks the button every frame, but that would alter the game timming.

Return to “MegaSD Tech Support”