Nigoli

Sonic 3 & Knuckles Slowdowns

07 Sep 2019, 17:45

I've encountered some slowdown with the Gumball Bonus Stage, the one with the electromagnetic spheres. This only happens though when there's too much going on, and having hundreds of rings. Happened more often when playing with Sonic & Tails.

I've also encountered some slowdown dropping hundreds of rings, but I think that part of it is normal.

I've played these games hundreds of times with the Mega EverDrive X7 and more recently the Mega Sg's JB. It just seemed a little bit slower than usual. I think some more testing could be done and just want to see if I'm not the only one having this problem because I can't tell anymore. I wanted to see what other people had to say. I do not have an original Mega Drive to test with anymore.

Mobiusstriptech

Re: Sonic 3 & Knuckles Slowdowns

07 Sep 2019, 19:11

It seems unlikely that the cart is to blame here. Namely because the ROM is already fully loaded and the system is reading it just like an original cart. I'd wait for TerraOnion to respond but it is likely just perception.

Nigoli

Re: Sonic 3 & Knuckles Slowdowns

07 Sep 2019, 19:28

Well it would be nice if the original cartridge's games could be compared along with an original system. I started the topic because it seems rather strange to have hiccups when two of the other things I've tried didn't have this problem when lots of things were happening.

As cool as everybody thinks the Mega SD is. I hope all that it's doing is loading the ROMs as if it were the actual carts.

Update: Did some further testing with a Knuckles playthrough. Using a lightning shield and grabbing everything you can to the top makes it a lot more noticeable.

Update 2: The Mega Sg JB firmware also worked the same way when I did this. Mobius Strip Tech was right. This can be closed. Thank you.

Return to “MegaSD Tech Support”