nissportrk

Wireless interference detected

30 Aug 2019, 01:57

I have a home security system that can work through wireless as a backup and every time I use the Mega SD my security system sends me alerts saying that wireless interference is detected. I am using the Analogue Mega SG to run the Mega SD and this ONLY happens when the Mega SD is running.

Mobiusstriptech

Re: Wireless interference detected

30 Aug 2019, 04:36

This is going to sound like a jerk response but what if you move it or wrap it with foil. Does the interference stop? What kind of security system is this?

nissportrk

30 Aug 2019, 05:13

Will give it a try. Its a Simplisafe system which uses T-Mobile as a wireless backup for the system. Never had this before and the only thing that has changed and the only time it happens is when I've had the Mega SD plugged into the Mega SG and been playing it.

FBX

30 Aug 2019, 15:49

Its quite possible your system is picking up SD card access noise. Try playing a ROM (instead of a SCD game) and let it sit with the game active to see if it happens again. I don't believe the MegaSD accesses the SD card once the ROM is loaded and playing.

At any rate, any EE you ask can take one look at the board and assure you there's NO hardware in there doing wireless transmissions. It would be an absurd waste of money.

Return to “MegaSD Tech Support”