BarbieOnWeed

Snatcher loading problem

17 Aug 2019, 18:33

From time to time, the game stop loading the dialog or the next event and after like 40 second the game continues.
The bin and cue works on a real Mega CD 2.

Dampfwalze

Re: Snatcher loading problem

17 Aug 2019, 19:49

I can confirm this problem.
In the Factory, when you „Look“ at Little John, so that he is shown zoomed, and then return to the room view, it happens all the time. Later it happened when finding Gibson’s body and when entering the Gibson’s house to visit Katrina.
I guess it will happen more often later but I haven’t played further.
This seems not to happen when accessing the CD audio tracks, but only with the compressed sound effects and speech.

Seren18

17 Aug 2019, 20:24

Emulate seek time on or off? Plus the 1.02 R04 update is now live. Does it happen with that?

bumfacekilla

17 Aug 2019, 21:27

It's the same on 1.02 R04.

I have tested using A Mega SG and a MK1 Mega Drive. I've tried both the USA and PAL versions and run them at their correct region and Hz settings and also tried with seek time emulation on and off, also tried a number of different BIOS. It's the same in all cases.

Interestingly, the exact same thing also happens in certain Sega / Mega CD emulators.

reptile

19 Aug 2019, 12:49

ran into the same issue, the game loops for a couple of minutes when you drive from the HQ to the old factory, and when you find Little john

Running the latest firmware, bios 2.xx, US version

Todd
Admin

19 Aug 2019, 16:33

I believe neodev is working on this and a new firmware is in testing.

Dampfwalze

19 Aug 2019, 18:41

👍 I am sure they will be able to fix it.
Most emulators have problems with Final Fight CD and they fixed it in no time. 😀

bumfacekilla

19 Aug 2019, 19:55

I've been playing now for the last week and gotten to the endgame in spite of the issue. It's not limited to just the Turbocycle and Old Factory sequences, it happens fairly frequently throughout the whole game.

Anytime the actions prompts do not appear, you need to wait an indeterminate amount of time (usually between 30 - 120 seconds) then the game continues on as normal. It can happen at almost any time, and even occurs at the beginning of some shooting sequences.

Regardless, I will beat this playthrough and then beat it again after the fix drops. Freaking love this game.

Keep up the awesome work, neodev.

neodev

20 Aug 2019, 11:42

The fix has been confirmed working but this fix and the mad dog mc cree one are changes to the core, so they affect all games and a long testing period will be needed to ensure nothing has broken. They fix 2 errors in the implementation of the pcm chip that caused either wrong sounds firing (mad dog mc cree) or the game having a hard time determining a pcm channel had ended playing (the correct address appeared briefly on the chip regs). Actually, the megasd menu audio, that is played using the pcm chip, was relying on the mad doc mccree bug, and it broke when I fixed it.
If you want to try the fixed fw, just connect to our discord channel and PM me with your serial.

GoodGuyJim

20 Aug 2019, 23:08

neodev wrote:
20 Aug 2019, 11:42
The fix has been confirmed working but this fix and the mad dog mc cree one are changes to the core, so they affect all games and a long testing period will be needed to ensure nothing has broken. They fix 2 errors in the implementation of the pcm chip that caused either wrong sounds firing (mad dog mc cree) or the game having a hard time determining a pcm channel had ended playing (the correct address appeared briefly on the chip regs). Actually, the megasd menu audio, that is played using the pcm chip, was relying on the mad doc mccree bug, and it broke when I fixed it.
If you want to try the fixed fw, just connect to our discord channel and PM me with your serial.
Hey there, I'm the guy having the issues with the left audio channel in CD audio, just wondering if you thought this fix might help with that? I wouldn't mind trying it.

Return to “MegaSD Tech Support”