tiktaalink

"Battery" saves for SMS Hacks and Translations

25 Mar 2020, 23:20

I read somewhere on here that save file creation is based upon a hash of the SMS game and known game list. Is there a way to implement the ability for non-standard SMS hash games like hacks and translations to auto-create a save file? I am unable to get the Golvellius SRAM hack to work nor the fan translation of Phantasy Star. I even tried moving existing saves from other PC emulators into the GUP folder but the MEGASD still doesn't recognize them.

fish face

Re: "Battery" saves for SMS Hacks and Translations

07 May 2020, 05:29

On the everdrive 64 you have to edit the save db to let hacks save

skilzor

18 Jun 2020, 16:34

I attempted this with Smsplus and KEGA and it worked for both. Open your spare game in a hex supervisor, ensure its the battery spare and not the emulators spare state. The counterbalances you have to change are 1504 through 1508 change every one of the 4 of those to FF and this should give you 65535 Meseta. I did this in Kega and it worked fine. I at that point renamed the spare document to smsplus group and stacked pstar in that. Went into the menu and stacked spare game and it was there. I belive it doesn't make a difference which emu you use as the spare document is a crude double dump of the battery spare the cartridge would typically utilize.
Kodi nox

tiktaalink

31 Aug 2020, 06:41

I'm hoping this fix can be included in the next firmware update (if there is a next firmware update). Nothing against you guys and thank you for trying to help, but I don't think having to edit a save DB file or utilize a hex editor every time you want to save with a save generating SMS game (regardless of whether it is a hack or not) is reasonable, especially when other Genesis/MD flash carts have figured this out years ago already. After reviewing other similar topics, and lack of response in those as well, it seems like support is waning at an exponential rate for this product (both in response, announcements and firmware releases) so it may be time to trade up for the competing product.

Return to “MegaSD Discussion”